Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: I Don't Always Dress Like I Robbed A Bank... (Read 78 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

But when I do, I put on my new kicks and go run like I did.

The Asiscs Gel-DS Trainer 18

Catch me if you can my friend.

StepbyStep-SH

Nice! Love the new shoes, LRB!

Me, I'm dressed in Day-Glo yellow coat and hat for this morning's 16* run in the dark, with a headlamp and a reflective band around my leg to finish off the stylin' ensemble. Sadly, my shoes are simply white with bits of silver and blue. 8 easy miles, if all goes well.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

@runjerseygirl

Ooh, mysterious!  I like the new kicks!

Anywhere from 3-5 miles for me today.  Depends on how I feel, and if my boss is working from home. Wink

Do you even run?

flarunner

Mornin' Kids!

I love new shoes.

OK, so most of you know that I get up at oh-dark-thirty to run, which means that it's dark for the entire run. Yesterday I received an uplifting and motivating kick in my butt and for some reason my early 6 mile run this morning wasn't so much dark as it was pink. Wink

Have a great day everybody!

Luke79

Nice LRB...those shoes are actually pretty badass.

Top o the morning to you guys.  Have a great day.

SRD for me.

Hey LRB, you should wear those shoes with this outfit.

Planning to run after work today, probably about 8, usually what I can get in before it's too dark.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

LOL LRB, that was good.  Digging the shoes too.

8 miles @ 7:22/mile done this morning in the cold fog.  It was a great run, don't know if it's because I was happy from finding out that I'm not injured, or if I was fueled by all the Valentine's candy I ate yesterday, maybe both.  It's supposed to be 60* and sunny this afternoon, might have to make it a double. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dad on the run.

I would not rob a bank wearing those. The PB would sound like this "We have a suspect on the run, African American male wearing some F*cking kick ass shoes*

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SRD for me.........have a great Friday everyone?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Morning dailies:

Rick - killa beez!

Step and Kay - have good runs

FLA and Luke - great days to you's too's

DaveP - it's so nice to be able to run in the light again sometimes, eh?

D^2 - glad your injury wasn't a fracture

jblack - they'd have to catch him though

Sparker - happy Friday

Dad on the run.

Shirfan - That's true and I'd imagine that would be hard with a coffee in one hand and a doughnut in the other.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Holy Moly, LRB, that's definitely a bank robber's outfit. I suggest not running near any banks dressed like that! Smile

Not sure on my running plans today yet. I think I might sneak out for 3 or 4 easy miles both today and tomorrow. There won't be much chance of a run on Sunday due to church and family obligations so I'd better get my miles in before that. Monday's iffy - I'll be driving back home (470 miles) so i may or may not get a run in afterward.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies! Happy Friday!!

Not sure what/if I will do today. My knee is telling me that it's not particularly happy with what I did yesterday

between 4-7pm. Which was to run 7 miles, have a light dinner, head to the ctiy and then swim 2/3 of a mile.

Yesterday was 5 days in a row of run and/or swim (which might also be the cause of the knee soreness) so

I guess I'm due for a rest anyway. My body sometimes gives me a subtle little reminder that I'm in my 50's now.

Tomorrow after 7:15 swim clinic I am meeting my Disney Princess travel companions for  run/brunch so today

might just be a stretch/Pilates day.

And maybe start a little wardrobe planning for my week in the sun. Have to go to the summer closet and

dig some stuff out.

Have a great day everyone!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hahaha LRB that is great!!!!

SRD for me. Went to yoga last night instead of this afternoon because I leave to go down to my boyfriend's after work for the weekend. I did just do some foam rolling and a short version of my hip routine though. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to