Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Take Your Ding A Ling To Work... (Read 215 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                  

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

And wish everyone a Happy New Year!   Big grin

Good morning, everyone!

I have my first tempo run scheduled today. 8:45-8:50 pace. I decided to sleep in, so it'll happen after work. Abs and push-ups will happen, too, of course.

Weezer88

Morning Basya!  Morning Rick!

2nd day of no running for me - not a good way to start off the year, huh?  I'll get back on the horse tomorrow - just as the cold front hits with the lows in the teens.

Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone (short work week for me).

I AM WEEZER.

Jeepofspades

Morning, Ricky, Basya, David...

depending on how I feel I might attemp my normal 4.75 outside run, or a 3 miles TM.

Happy New Year!

You guys get up way to early here..........and Rick, I'll have to take a look for my ding a ling. I cant remember the last time I had it out.

Workout at the gym and hopefully 3 on the TM after work.

Have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Every time I play that song, it makes me laugh (I do have it).  "Oh, my ding a ling..."

5 recovery miles and weights tonight (I didn't do them yesterday).  Off to work, then an allergy shot and chiro appointment (he better be open today!).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB- I don't know what my teachers would think if I told em about my ding a ling much less wanged on it some. Smile

Basya- good morning

Weezer- hopefully the weather gets better.

Jeep- the outside run sounds better than the TM.

Scott- enjoy the gym and work

AFM - my legs feel dead. They are sore and don't really feel like running. I am ditching my six miles in hopes of having a good run tomorrow. I have a week and a half until Houston and I just need to get to the starting line.  Isn't this the right thing to do?

Make today great

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Every time I play that song, it makes me laugh (I do have it).  "Oh, my ding a ling..."

5 recovery miles and weights tonight (I didn't do them yesterday).  Off to work, then an allergy shot and chiro appointment (he better be open today!).

Sorry I missed you. I don't have any idea what song that is. Maybe I should look it up Smile

Good luck wight the 5, weights, and appointments --- damn I feel like a slacker.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!   And, happy 2013 to all of you!!

I managed 11 and change yesterday to start the new year off on the right track.    My goal for this year is to run consistently all year (I was only consistent after mid-June last year) and to remain injury free.

Rick - I might get assassinated if I brought that to work and used it early in the morning.   But, it would be very amusing for me.....   ;-)

Basya - Good luck with that tempo run later!

Weezer - Enjoy your rest day.

Jeep - I hope that whatever you decide to run goes smoothly.

Scott - Have a nice workout and run later!

Damaris - Sounds like a busy day for you.   Hope the chiro is open and that you feel MUCH better when you leave the office!

I'm thinking about 3 or 4 after work today.   My Mom is supposed to get out of the hospital today, and if that happens, I will have time to run.   If it doesn't, then I'll go to the hospital to visit her after work instead of running.

Happy 1st Wednesday of 2013!!    May your next run make you feel like you're on top of the world!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Tomas - you snuck in on me!   I think you've got a good plan (not that I have much experience).    If your race is in 10ish days, then remaining injury free and getting some rest is important.    Hopefully, your legs will feel rested and ready for your run tomorrow!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB I like your ding-a-ling, I don't have one of those Wink

Rest day #5 for me. My knee still hurts too much to imagine trying to run on it....maybe tomorrow. Got some ITB stretches and myrtl exercises to try tonight after work. ordered a foam roller online.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Weezer, enjoy your rest day.

Jeep, I hope that you feel well and are able to run.

Scott, enjoy your workout(s).

Damaris, have great workouts. I hope that your appointments go well.

Tomas, I hope that resting today refreshes your legs.

Sarah, I hope that your mother has a complete and speedy recovery.

kristin10185, ouch, I hope that yor knee troubles end soon.

I did push-ups and ab work last night and this morning. So, I just have to run tonight. It's only four miles, but speedier that anything to which I'm accustomed.

runmomto3boys

Good morning, guys!

Running indoors at the track tonight, easy and as far as my IT band allows.

happylily

Good morning Rick and other peeps!

15 easy miles tonight, if I make it through my first day back at work. Sad Work starts in 3... 2... 1... Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010