Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Take Your Ding A Ling To Work... (Read 215 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

I made a really stupid decision yesterday. Instead of DNFing my virtual half from being sick, I did the first 7 miles (some walking) then decided I'd do the rest in the afternoon. For whatever reason, my hip felt like it was coming out of it's socket when I started up again. I kept going, even though the pain was horrific. I had to walk the last six miles at my slowest walking pace.

So paying for it today. Pain kept me up all night. Boo. I finished though!

@runjerseygirl

At the ortho now for my foot. Hopefully yoga later, although I got yelled at when someone saw me leaving the house with my gym bag.

Do you even run?

B-Plus

Damn LRB, don't ding that ling so loud. I don't wanna go to work.

Basya - Good luck on the tempo.

Heading out for a run.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

At the ortho now for my foot. Hopefully yoga later, although I got yelled at when someone saw me leaving the house with my gym bag.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hope it's nothing major.

Good morning everyone!

I made a really stupid decision yesterday. Instead of DNFing my virtual half from being sick, I did the first 7 miles (some walking) then decided I'd do the rest in the afternoon. For whatever reason, my hip felt like it was coming out of it's socket when I started up again. I kept going, even though the pain was horrific. I had to walk the last six miles at my slowest walking pace.

So paying for it today. Pain kept me up all night. Boo. I finished though!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

good luck Kay

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

B&B has agents everywhere! We want to make sure you get it looked at before you run again!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Kay, good luck!

Lilac - I hope it's nothing serious. Sounds like just a strained muscle, but hard to tell. See how it goes for a day or so.

OK, SRD for me, though I will be taking a trip to Goodwill today. I have a bunch of cloths that are too big for me, a 32 inch TV, coffee maker, fans, other assorted goodies to donate. The TV's going to be a PITA - weighs about 100 pounds and I need to get it downstairs to the garage. Might count that as cross training. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

tom it's a great problem to have when you need to give away clothes becauae they're too big  Sorry to hear about your pain and vurtual race happylilly Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

B&B has agents everywhere! We want to make sure you get it looked at before you run again!

I won't be running. But apparently someone thinks yoga will be too strenuous on my foot.

Do you even run?

LRB

Supp!

Nothing for me today.

I have put together a pretty thorough hip strength/stretching routine that I have been doing on Monday's.  That coupled with PT Tues/Thurs is working quite well.  I also do some type of lateral movement work and easy stretches on the days that I run.

Though I do still feel discomfort in my hip from time to time, I believe I am trending (hee-hee) in the right direction.  After all, it has been over seven years since I played baseball, which was about the only thing I have ever done in terms of lateral movement.

My rehab is thus a marathon, not a sprint.  That being the case, I have yet to reach the 5k mark.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

A couple miles for me at lunch today. Probably 3 or 3.5. Maybe 3.25. It's still icy in spots here so I'm trying to avoid running after dark until it all melts. I brought outside gear AND treadmill gear - so we'll see how I feel at 1pm.

I ended up being in the background of the news report on the Dip in the Crick. I paused the TV so my husband could see the glimpse of me - LOL.

delicate flower

'Morning.  First day back at work after a nice four day weekend.  So naturally, I get slammed with work the moment I set foot in the door.  *sigh*

8 treadmill miles this morning.  8:55 pace.  Easy.

<3

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Morning!

A couple miles for me at lunch today. Probably 3 or 3.5. Maybe 3.25. It's still icy in spots here so I'm trying to avoid running after dark until it all melts. I brought outside gear AND treadmill gear - so we'll see how I feel at 1pm.

I ended up being in the background of the news report on the Dip in the Crick. I paused the TV so my husband could see the glimpse of me - LOL.

Haha nice! I saw myself on TV once (tv crews filmed the start of my race) but nobody was around to see it.

I'll be heading out for 3 miles today. It's currently 10°. :whiteflag:

In transit, arriving on time. 

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  So, was it a second of fame, then?

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page