Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Take Your Ding A Ling To Work... (Read 215 times)

LRB

LOL.  So, was it a second of fame, then?

I have been on TV too.  Damn surveillance video.

Roll eyes

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That leaves April with 14 minutes, 59 seconds left! Cool!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Morning dailies!! Didn't get in the 13.1 yesterday. In-laws called to say they were coming to visit so we

had to get in the miles we could in the time we had. Made it into a tempo run instead.

Ended up running 7 miles in 1:08, 500+ foot gain in the first 3 miles, slippery footing so I was being

really careful and slow during those miles. Most of the fast running was in the last 3 miles with a pace

of 8:30 or less so I was very happy with that.

Today will be my first day this winter on the treadmill.  It's a "feels like" of -23F with the wind and even I'm

not crazy enough to do 10 miles in that!LOL

LRB, sup' dude? what if I don't have a ding a ling?

Lilac, sorry about the pain. Hope you take care so you can run the Princess pain free.

Kay, hope you get good news. Someday your s/o will realize you aren't giving up on this running thing!

Tom, I'm doing a purging day today. Always do that after Christmas and then make my trip to Goodwill!

April, that's fun!! After I had my pic in the paper a few days ago running in the snow I had 4 emails and

3 phone calls from friends. A few were running friends who said "cool". A few were non running friends

who said "what the heck"LOL

Have a good one folks!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Ugh! So sorry to hear about all of these injuries lately! I went out this morning to do 2x1.5 mile lactate threshold intervals. I warmed up and went into my first interval and it felt tougher than it should have, but I got through it. On my recovery, my hip/butt and hamstrings started to feel pretty sore. I stopped and stretched for a minute and then went back to my recovery pace and quickly realized that doing the second interval would be a bad decision, so I called it a day at 3.73 miles with only one interval done. I'm going to yoga tonight, so hopefully that will help me stretch this out a bit. I'm also going to talk to my yoga instructor about some good piriformis and hamstring stretches. If it is feeling better tomorrow, I will try to make it up with a tempo. Otherwise, tomorrow will just be easy or recovery pace.

YAYpril - B-Plus

LOL, pretty much. Unfortunately, it seems my fame has not been immortalized. The clip on the website is different than the one they aired this morning, and it doesn't include me. Sad

LRB

LRB, sup' dude? what if I don't have a ding a ling?

You can borrow my ding a ling, of course.

Big grin

Sha-wing!

@runjerseygirl

Beth, I hope you're right.  But I'm not holding my breath.

The update from the ortho:

Nothing visible in the x-ray, so he doesn't think it's a stress fracture.  He did mention that it's possible for a SF to gradually happen (acute onset?), so he doesn't want to rule it out 100%.  He said for now he wants me to take it easy on the high impact exercise, and no running for a couple weeks.  Spinning, yoga, pilates, etc. are okay, as long as they don't cause any pain.  Anti-inflammatory meds for a couple of weeks to help with any internal swelling.  Ice, too.

As far as getting back to running, he told me to let pain be my guide.  If I can walk without pain, I can try a few miles at a slow pace.  He did recommend staying on the treadmill so I'm not running on ice/snow and risking more injury.  His recommendation is 2-3 weeks (which isn't so bad, considering) but to listen to my body.

Of course, if I notice any swelling, redness, or bruising, give them a call.  I go back for a follow-up in 3 weeks.

Today's workout:  Yoga on my lunch break.  If I can't run, I might as well get bendy. Wink

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

You can borrow my ding a ling, of course.

Big grin

Sha-wing!

Awww, thanks! I promise to return it undamaged.Wink

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.25 miles done. I've been transitioning into Newtons and i think I should have paid a little better attention to my instructions. Legs are a little sore today. I have a 5K Saturday morning so I think I may rest Thursday and Friday.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Was that in Cops? Joking

I think I've been on TV several times (by accident).  So long as it's not for my job, I'm OK with being on the sidelines of something.

I have been on TV too.  Damn surveillance video.

Roll eyes

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

SFx do not usually show in X-Rays and only an MRI would tell you for sure.  Hope it's not that.  Good luck!  And hugs.

Nothing visible in the x-ray, so he doesn't think it's a stress fracture.  He did mention that it's possible for a SF to gradually happen (acute onset?), so he doesn't want to rule it out 100%.  He said for now he wants me to take it easy on the high impact exercise, and no running for a couple weeks.  Spinning, yoga, pilates, etc. are okay, as long as they don't cause any pain.  Anti-inflammatory meds for a couple of weeks to help with any internal swelling.  Ice, too.

As far as getting back to running, he told me to let pain be my guide.  If I can walk without pain, I can try a few miles at a slow pace.  He did recommend staying on the treadmill so I'm not running on ice/snow and risking more injury.  His recommendation is 2-3 weeks (which isn't so bad, considering) but to listen to my body.

Of course, if I notice any swelling, redness, or bruising, give them a call.  I go back for a follow-up in 3 weeks.

Today's workout:  Yoga on my lunch break.  If I can't run, I might as well get bendy. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I spilled my coffee at this....

Awww, thanks! I promise to return it undamaged.Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I spilled my coffee at this....

Nice!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Kay, havent you been picking up the speed on pretty much all of your runs lately? Might be a contributing factor to your recent foot pain. Then again it might not. I will just suggest that maybe you keep it really slow and easy when you start to come back from your time off. I hope your foot feels better soon!!

Chairman

In some sense, it doesn't really matter what it is as long as it heals in a timely fashion. Also, I see a lot of fear of stress fractures, but, truth be told, most of the time a stress fracture somewhere below the knee is far from the worst thing you can deal with as a runner. Typically, 6-8 weeks of rest straightens it out. I am usually much more worried about soft tissue injuries that have the potential to become chronic. And, of course, stress fractures above the knee are real bad news.

Good luck, and hopefully it's something that clears up quickly so that further medical attention is not required.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey