Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Take Your Ding A Ling To Work... (Read 215 times)

Chairman

Nothing for me this morning. Went to sleep too late. Might run later.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

Flip, I didn't even think of that.  You might be right.  He did tell me to take it really slow, so that's the plan.

scrape., he did mention that I might have over-stretched a ligament in my foot which might be causing the pain.  I think that's why he prescribed the anti-inflammatory meds.

Do you even run?

notimeforthat

Beth, I hope you're right.  But I'm not holding my breath.

The update from the ortho:

Nothing visible in the x-ray, so he doesn't think it's a stress fracture.  He did mention that it's possible for a SF to gradually happen (acute onset?), so he doesn't want to rule it out 100%.  He said for now he wants me to take it easy on the high impact exercise, and no running for a couple weeks.  Spinning, yoga, pilates, etc. are okay, as long as they don't cause any pain.  Anti-inflammatory meds for a couple of weeks to help with any internal swelling.  Ice, too.

As far as getting back to running, he told me to let pain be my guide.  If I can walk without pain, I can try a few miles at a slow pace.  He did recommend staying on the treadmill so I'm not running on ice/snow and risking more injury.  His recommendation is 2-3 weeks (which isn't so bad, considering) but to listen to my body.

Of course, if I notice any swelling, redness, or bruising, give them a call.  I go back for a follow-up in 3 weeks.

Today's workout:  Yoga on my lunch break.  If I can't run, I might as well get bendy. Wink

Stress fx are difficult to spot on xray sometimes. Could be the angle of the film, etc. You can develop a tendonitis in the foot that hurts for sure.

I don't understand why your SO wouldn't be supportive of your running; he gave you a Garmin for Christmas...so that is pretty supportive. Perhaps he just doesn't want to see you get hurt because people who get hurt tend to get grouchy when they cannot exercise, lol.

Just tell him what the ortho said and I am sure he will be fine with yoga, etc. A lot of times, I found that the DH only got irritated with me when I made my workouts priority over him or my kids. Once I got all that sorted out and started waking up really early and being super considerate of their stuff too, things have been great.

Hope your foot heals up fast. Be careful with the spin classes though...lots of standing and pressing down with the climbs and stuff they do. I found spin bikes put a horrible hurt on my knees, but I could ride my bike just fine. Don't get too bendy though, you need some of that muscle snap for running.

B-Plus

Take it easy KayPS. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

3.3 miles @ 9:30.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Slid my run from this morning to this evening to avoid the rain, so 8 miles tonight.

First day back in the office, and nobody is here lol  CO gave the military folks an extra day off, so it's a ghost town.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, friends.

Not certain if I will run today. I'm still congested, and my morning errands are taking longer than I expected. If there is time before DS gets out of school, and I'm feeling up to it, I'll try to get a couple of miles in. If not, so it goes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Hello, friends.

Not certain if I will run today. I'm still congested, and my morning errands are taking longer than I expected. If there is time before DS gets out of school, and I'm feeling up to it, I'll try to get a couple of miles in. If not, so it goes.

Sorry to hear that is still hanging on. There is definitely a bad strain of something going around.

Our son caught it on the plane Dec 17th coming home for Christmas. He is back to school and still

feeling crappy. I was  convinced I would catch it from him but didn't. A minor miracle considering that

I don't see him again for 4-5 months and spent a lot of time hugging him over the 10 days he was home.Smile

flarunner

OMGness! What a morning!

I'm late, I'm rushed, I can't stay.

So, did a relatively easy 10 miles at oh dark forty-five this morning. Pretty warm and humid: 64* and ~90%.

Take care y'all!

@runjerseygirl

Did my yoga.  Feeling nice and bendy.  And sleepy.

Do you even run?

alexis_run_nky

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

I ran 4.25 miles in 41:02...a 9:39 pace.  I am pretty happy with that!  Only a couple more days until school begins again and my schedule gets hectic again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ouch, lilac_jive, feel well soon!

Tom, Rick, enjoy your SRD.

AprilRunner, catty, Just B.S., Dave, enjoy your runs.

Baboon, B-Plus, flatrunner, Alexis, great runs.

FlippyNoodle, I hope that the soreness is gone soon.

Kay, I'm glad that it's not more serious. I hope that you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Robert, what are Newtons?

scrape, I hope that you can for a run somewhere into your day.

Shari, I hope that this cold vacates your premises soon.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kay- I have a history of foot issues from long before I started running. At least 2 stress fractures in one foot, one in the other, nerve damage in both (lots of sports as a kid) and I find yoga does wonders for my feet. All those barefoot poses are great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Kay, I'm glad you got your foot checked out. I hope the time off fixes it!

I ran my 3 on the treadmill (it was cold outside and I was feeling particularly weenie-ish). I got to the gym (which isn't very big - there are 6 treadmills) and the parking lot was PACKED. I had this inner monologue on my 30-second walk from my car to the door: "Ugh, I hope there's a treadmill free. Look at all these resolutioners! UGH. Please, just ONE treadmill, PLEASE. I'll run outside if I have to, but I really don't want to. I hope it's not crazy in there."

I got inside and not only were all the treadmills vacant, there were only 3 other patrons in the gym. No idea why the parking lot was packed.

So... yeah. At least it was INNER monologue and not outer. Blush

Will run for scenery.

Well it's after noon, so I really should be getting up. Don't know what's going on but I feel like crap.  Started off yesterday with crazy sneezing fits and now I've got a headache too.  Guess I'll know soon if I'm coming down with something or just lazy.

On the bright side, I still have my appetite.  I picked up a nice big leg of lamb that I think I'll roast tonight. Mmm....

And hey : Where TH is the coffee ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

@runjerseygirl

And hey : Where TH is the coffee ?

Here you go... since LRB is slacking on the caffeine here. Wink

Do you even run?