Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Take Your Ding A Ling To Work... (Read 215 times)

runmomto3boys

Lilac: I am so sorry about the injury.  I hope it doesn't end up sidelining you for too long.

Kay: I am glad there was no definitive evidence of a SF.  I hope the couple of weeks of lighter exercise make all the difference in the world.

Shari: I hope you are 100% tomorrow.

Chairman

10 with 8x100m hard accelerations in 1:15. There are some things I really enjoy about winter running. Like being able to do a run like this without sweating through my shirt, shorts, and shoes.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yeah, that whole not sweating like a boss thing is pretty nice isn't it?

Nice run, scrape.!

Docket_Rocket

Lilac_jive, sorry to hear that.

Back from the allergist and the chiro.  I now have a "mosquito bite" mark covering half of my arm.  I guess I have to go down in dose next week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Best part of Winter, indeed.

10 with 8x100m hard accelerations in 1:15. There are some things I really enjoy about winter running. Like being able to do a run like this without sweating through my shirt, shorts, and shoes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Well, I ran. 3 very slow miles. Then coughed almost non-stop for 5 minutes after I stopped running. Guess the lungs aren't happy yet.

Tomorrow I'll run inside - I think the 15* wind had an impact.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

What up doe!  It's been a busy damn day, I just got in and settled.

Man it's like the mash unit up in here!

Good thing about that (yes good) is that this is the off season.  View the time off as a chance to become a smarter runner, so that when you return you can avoid a repeat of this particular injury, and also get some ideas for trying new things.

Or you can do nothing and cry like a baby lmao!

Nice runs to all the runners!

Docket_Rocket

5 miles done.  I need to move the weights til tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Luke79

Hey guys.

3.3 miles done @ 9:25.  I ran such a short distance again because I've been sick.  I just got my voice back today.  Everything was good except my knee was hot to the touch and all red and swollen when I finished.  I guess that's actual "inflammation"?  I'm not going to run sans knee brace again for some time.  It also felt like I had a knife in my chest for about the second half of the run.  It's just the chest cold I'm sure (hence the neck down rule).

Anyway, I'm going to get back on the trails in the next couple days and start gearing up for mah race.  Love, Peace and Chicken Grease.

Jess runs for bacon

Just did the ITB rehab routine (thanks again April!!!) and foam rolled my hip and leg and its already feeling somewhat better. Now for some ice. Thanks for your well wishes everyone Smile

AprilRunner, I'm glad you were able to commandeer a treadmill.

jjn22, I hope you feel well soon.

scrape, niiice intervals.

Damaris, you receive an allergy shot weekly? Great run, too.

Shari, I'm glad you were able to get out. I had many runs like that in the fall. They suck.

Luke, I'm happy that you have your voice again and that you're on the mend. Cool pace.

I made it through my first tempo run and liked it. 4.0 miles on the TM in 35:22. 8:50 pace. I set the speed on the TM to 6.8mph, which the TM said was 8:49. Hmroo?

Docket_Rocket

Yes.  I have a lethal allergy to dustmites (very ironic since dustmites live in humidity).  I have been undergoing shots for a year now, weekly. Eventually, I'll get to twice a month, monthly, and half a year.  Unfortunately, things like this make me go back one or two steps, so now I'll be behind another month.  Better that than dying, though....

Nice job on the tempo run!

AprilRunner, I'm glad you were able to commandeer a treadmill.

jjn22, I hope you feel well soon.

scrape, niiice intervals.

Damaris, you receive an allergy shot weekly? Great run, too.

Shari, I'm glad you were able to get out. I had many runs like that in the fall. They suck.

Luke, I'm happy that you have your voice again and that you're on the mend. Cool pace.

I made it through my first tempo run and liked it. 4.0 miles on the TM in 35:22. 8:50 pace. I set the speed on the TM to 6.8mph, which the TM said was 8:49. Hmroo?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yes.  I have a lethal allergy to dustmites (very ironic since dustmites live in humidity).  I have been undergoing shots for a year now, weekly. Eventually, I'll get to twice a month, monthly, and half a year.  Unfortunately, things like this make me go back one or two steps, so now I'll be behind another month.  Better that than dying, though....

I understand Florida is considered paradise, but if you moved to a cooler climate, you'd be in heaven, no?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, no run today as expected. I did make a trip over to the Goodwill store to drop off a few items. 32 inch TV with remote and manual, coffee maker, table, fans, 8 pairs of pants that are too big for me, several shirts, a couple of those shopping bags that seem to show up from time to time. It was a good donation for the first month of the year. I intend to purge more stuff in the future. This is a deduction year, and with the economy as shakey as it is here in the real world, I know that people need stuff and they can't afford to pay a lot for it.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Yes, unless I move to LV, UT, NM, or AZ.  I am also lethally allergic to dust particles. Angry

I understand Florida is considered paradise, but if you moved to a cooler climate, you'd be in heaven, no?

Damaris

Fundraising Page