Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Love Eggnog this Weekend! (Read 15 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Saturday day:

Saturday night:

Sunday:

GinnyinPA

I love eggnog, but almost never drink it. So rich. So fattening!  Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.

I'm hoping to do my long run this afternoon if the rain moves off. Tomorrow we are meeting for Christmas dinner at noon, so there won't be time or desire to do a lot besides walk the dog.

PADRunner

I don't remember ever having eggnog...

6 miles on the trails this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 10 and weights tonight.  My 8 were a bit sore last night, but good.

Ginny, I would choose the flat one and see what you are really capable of.

Z, I'll take coquito instead of eggnog.  Much better.

PAD, nice 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Coquitos for D and Mr. D!

I'm trying to decide how much I want to do today vs. tomorrow.  We're headed to the in-laws this evening and I'd like to make some cookies, but that would push more miles to tomorrow.  Luckily, it's not like I have a lot of miles in total for this weekend, and it won't matter to anybody but me whether I make them or not.  The streak is at day 145, so that's the main goal right now.

Ginny, that marathon plan sounds perfect actually.  Enough structure to keep you training, enough flexibility to work your life around it.  I hope that things fall into place and that you get to travel and race.

Nice job, PAD!

GinnyinPA

Pad - good job on the trail run.

D - I've never had a coquito.  Looks good. I'd like to do a flat race to see if I can improve my time, but March is iffy in the mid-Atlantic. I hope tonight's run was less painful than yesterday's.

Z - so did you run or bake?

I got my 14 in running from home to a café where I met Jim and we both enjoyed a hot chocolate and muffin for lunch.

Zelanie

Ginny- Good work on the LR!

I made cookie dough, then ran 4 with the dogs.  Now I'll get as many of them baked as I have time for.

Docket_Rocket

I have my family recipe for coquito, Ginny. PM me your email and I'll send it Tuesday (I have the recipe at the office).  It's so good!  You can make some for New Year's Eve.

Ran my 10.  Hamstring has been a PITA since the accident but keeping the run slow and easy has been good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, depends on where you'll run (I forgot).  Is Gettysburg always assured as good weather?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Never guaranteed, but end of April is generally nice around here.  As I said, I'll train for the March race and see how it goes between now and then. Both races only have about 200 participants, so getting in shouldn't be a problem. I had thought about doing Shamrock or Myrtle Beach, but didn't start training in time. Maybe next year.

Docket_Rocket

Shamrock is flat but it was super windy when I did it (30-40mph) and I DNFd.  It was horrid that day.  From what I heard it's always windy but never this bad.  Of course, it only happens when I go.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Just popping by to say Merry Christmas everyone :-)  I've haven't been and am still not running, but I'm hopeful that will change soon.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Miss you, Jill!

I have 20 TM miles at some point today.  Thinking of having lunch and then hopping on it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jill - injured or too busy?