Beginners and Beyond

Its time for MonDailies (Read 33 times)

Morning Runners. Its Monday!

Sorry I haven't been around here much last week. Both kids have had a virus. DW and I feel like we've been fighting something off, and work has been nuts. I just need some sleep.

Despite all of that I had a decent training week and race on Sat. Another 40+MPW week with some nice hills and speed work thrown in. Saturdays 5k course was a complete disaster. We got a lot of rain and the course was through a farm so it was pure mud. Id say 80% was about ankle deep or better. It would try to suck your shoe off as you lifted your foot. The ruts from the tractors driving though turned my ankles pretty bad which wasn't fun. (They seem to be ok now). It was not a course for any sort of fast running but I was able to pull off 3rd place OA out of almost 2k people.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Run commute day.

Things are looking up! Facial (cranial) pain is much less today. I just have to make sure to not screw it all up while eating. It takes me about 3 times as long as usual to eat, but I'm really paranoid after last Thursday.

After a few days of not running, my bowels are very happy I've picked it up again. Both yesterday and today, it was about time I got to a bathroom. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Jay, ugh.  Hoping they are feeling well.  Good racing this weekend!

Cy, good luck with the pain.

Damaris

Cyberic

Morning Runners. Its Monday!

Sorry I haven't been around here much last week. Both kids have had a virus. DW and I feel like we've been fighting something off, and work has been nuts. I just need some sleep.

Despite all of that I had a decent training week and race on Sat. Another 40+MPW week with some nice hills and speed work thrown in. Saturdays 5k course was a complete disaster. We got a lot of rain and the course was through a farm so it was pure mud. Id say 80% was about ankle deep or better. It would try to suck your shoe off as you lifted your foot. The ruts from the tractors driving though turned my ankles pretty bad which wasn't fun. (They seem to be ok now). It was not a course for any sort of fast running but I was able to pull off 3rd place OA out of almost 2k people.

Wow! I've never run in conditions even near that. Congrats on placing 3rd out of 2000 people!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 20 miles on a warm morning.  It is back in the 60s and raining.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

KCRuns

Good morning!

Congrats, Jay!  That's an impressive placement in those conditions!

I'll run 3ish tonight with my Monday group.  It's going to be chilly at run time so we'll see how many people actually show up.

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Walked into a freakin onslaught at work this morning...not how I like to ease into the work week!  I skipped my swim and slept in because I felt like it.  Alarm went off and I said "NOPE."  I like not being in training!  I've got a run to do after work.  My legs are still very sore from Saturday's race, especially my lower legs.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 easy miles in the darkness this morning. It was cooler today but that's about to end real quick. The next 10 days are predicted to be >80F.

Saturdays 5k course was a complete disaster. We got a lot of rain and the course was through a farm so it was pure mud. Id say 80% was about ankle deep or better. It would try to suck your shoe off as you lifted your foot. The ruts from the tractors driving though turned my ankles pretty bad which wasn't fun. (They seem to be ok now). It was not a course for any sort of fast running but I was able to pull off 3rd place OA out of almost 2k people.

JHC. Unless you are specifically signing up for a mud run, or a trail run where you know this is a possibility, this is freaking ridiculous.

Kind of a weird schedule this morning and only had time for 3 miles. A bit rough, somewhat feeling the after-effects of my big 12-miler yesterday. Ha.

Dave

Cyberic

So, so, so... marathon...

My bib number is 2148. Expected temps on starting line: 28F with winds from the West at 13 MPH with gusts of 18MPH. The day before the wind is supposed to come from the South, so hoping it will have time to completely shift to West as the course is headed SSE-ish.

There might also be snow or rain, but the probability is 40% only.

Of course, it might all change, except for the bib number Smile

Expected temps on starting line: 28F with winds from the West at 13 MPH with gusts of 18MPH. The day before the wind is supposed to come from the South, so hoping it will have time to completely shift to West as the course is headed SSE-ish.

There might also be snow or rain, but the probability is 40% only.

I certainly like a cool marathon, but I think this would be a bit chilly for my taste, especially with the wind. How do you plan to dress? Some people might still go singlet, but I'm going with long sleeves & gloves for that. You will definitely need throwaways for the wait at the starting line.

Dave

Cyberic

I certainly like a cool marathon, but I think this would be a bit chilly for my taste, especially with the wind. How do you plan to dress? Some people might still go singlet, but I'm going with long sleeves & gloves for that. You will definitely need throwaways for the wait at the starting line.

I've never raced in these temps, so I'm not sure yet. I'll have throwaways, for sure, but for the race itself...

I bought cheap gloves, so I'll wear those. Singlet? Not a chance. I'm pretty sure I'll go long sleeves. If not, it will be a t-shirt. That is definitely not singlet weather for me.

delicate flower

Me racing in 30 degrees.  I'm the one wearing all the stuff.  That was a fun race (6.55 miles)....ran elbow to elbow with that guy the entire race but he outkicked me at the finish to win our AG.  5 and 6 OA.

<3

Cyberic

Me racing in 30 degrees.  I'm the one wearing all the stuff.  That was a fun race (6.55 miles)....ran elbow to elbow with that guy the entire race but he outkicked me at the finish to win our AG.  5 and 6 OA.

I will wear less than that, unless it is raining, but more than that other guy. I'll go with shorts, and maybe a headband for the ears, but not a complete hat.

Me racing in 30 degrees.  I'm the one wearing all the stuff. 

30 degrees is pretty much the low end of shorts weather for me, for training runs. Maybe still at 28, but at 28 & windy I'm wearing pants. For a marathon I'm pretty sure I'd still go with shorts. But def long sleeves & gloves, and maybe a hat to toss after a few miles.

Dave