Beginners and Beyond

Same Ol' Song and MONDAILIES (Read 48 times)

delicate flower

Speaking of that, Boon you wait until the end to succumb to self pity?  That is odd.  I thought I read somewhere that you ran five minutes on a treadmill?  I must have day dreamed that myself lol!  Hang in there bro, it is almost ova boo ya!

This weekend was a little tougher because I was hanging out at a race yesterday and the weather was beautiful.  It would have been my 10K goal race (my best 10K time is a training run on that course).  Looking at the race results, there is a good chance I would have won my AG had my training kept progressing like it was.  Then I hop on RA and see a million race reports with PR's and BQ's and I had just had enough.  Big grin   My only saving grace is that DW is running again and I was thrilled to go cheer her on in her 5K.

I did indeed jog five minutes on the treadmill Friday just to test the knee.  I was anxious to see how the knee would feel.  It felt fine, and more importantly it felt fine the next day.  I'm planning my first actual run the day we gete back from vacation (next Tuesday).

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Taking a rest day from running, calves still sore. Planning to start core work regiment tonight (and stick with it this time).

Running for TJ because he can't.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi! Would y'all mind one more among your group? I'm going to try to de-lurk. My name is Nicole and I live in East TN with my DH, dog, and two cats. I started running again last summer after we moved back to our hometown. Running is my sanity. We moved back to help care for aging parents and my oldest brother who is dealing with lung cancer. I ran track back in high school and am now trying this running miles business and am loving it! I ran my first half yesterday and you can see the RR on the main board.

Giving the legs a rest today, but I'll be plenty active since I'm working today. I'm a courier for a dermatology lab, so I'll be carrying specimens and slides up and down stairs all day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LRB

Hi! Would y'all mind one more among your group?

Welcome to the dailies!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  5 miles this morning, now I am falling asleep at the doctor's.  more miles tonight before the weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

URD yesterday, did yard work all day and was planning to run in the evening.  My 5yo is sick and wanted me to watch a movie with him, so we spent the evening on the couch, I'll take that over a run any day. Smile

Rain all day today and probably tomorrow too, but at least it's not cold.  Going out for 10 a lil later today.

Phil, hang in there, you're almost done!  Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, Nicole!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Welcome Nicole!

SRD for me today. Hips are super tight today. Starting my eat better thing today (not calling it a diet). I've been eating out way too much and the scale is showing it. 10 pounds heavier than this time last year. Going to browse some cookbooks at B&N today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. 3 Easy miles this AM on the TM. Doing reverse taper after my HM this past weekend. I did have an 8 minute PR, which I feel good about. Hopefully my legs recover well this week.

- Andrew

Pinktastic

Good Monday Morning, Friends!!

Where did the weekend go?   It seems like Monday comes back around much too quickly!!

Basya – I think taking it easy this morning is probably the right thing to do.   I sure hope that you’re feeling back to yourself before your run later!!   Have a great day!!

Beth – LOVE the new avi!!   Y’all are such a sweet looking couple!!   Hope the swim goes well today!

Flarunner – Nice run this morning (as always)!!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

Scott – Sounds like it’s going to be a lovely day for you.  Have a fabulous run after work!!

Phil – Short work weeks are wickedly delightful!!  I hope you and MBC have an absolutely wonderful vacation and that you return refreshed!!  Be safe!   And, no apologies necessary.   You’ll be back running in a flash!   One little, tiny week to go!!

LRB – Enjoy your day of nothing!  That sounds incredibly decadent!!   Have a Pinklightful day!!

Bruce – Whatever you decide to do today, I hope that it goes well!   Hope you have an incredible day!!

Kristin – That is very irritating!   And, it shows that the radio hosts are not knowledgeable and / or they don’t care to learn the basics.   Makes them seem pretty sad to me…..    Have a great rest day!!

Ami – I sure hope that you get good news today!!   I also hope that the doctor can give you a plan to get whatever the issue is resolved so you can get back out there!!   I totally get how you’re feeling though.  It is so frustrating when you want to run but the body won’t let you.    This is temporary in the grand scheme of things though.   After you meet with the doctor, you’ll have a recovery plan and before you know it, you’ll be running again!!  Good luck!!

Dave P – Nice work getting the yoga done today even though it was tougher than usual!   As much as I enjoy running in the rain while I’m doing it, I am usually way more tired from a rain run than from a normal run.   I don’t know why that is really, but I blame it on my clothes and shoes being wet and weighing more than usual.  ;-)

Jack – Congrats on your race and your shiny, new PR!  Way to go!!

Robert – Hope the core workout goes well tonight!   I have trouble sticking with it as well – for me, it’s boring, but I need to figure out a way to stick with it as well so if you figure that part out, let me in on the secret, okay?

HobbitLegs – Welcome to the group!   The initiation fee is donuts for the group, but all are welcome!   Sounds like you’ve got your hands full, but congrats on your return to running!!  Keep up the great work and stop lurking!!   ;-)

Damaris – Great workout this morning!   Hope you have a productive day!!

Dave 2 – Hope your rain run is invigorating for you later today!!  Have a wonderful day!!

Today is my adorable nephew's birthday and he's FOUR years old.   I went over to his house this morning to get him ready and take him to school so I could spend some time with him on his birthday.   His party isn't until Saturday, but I gave him a little present this morning - a Batman Utility Belt.   He is soooo into Super Heroes, and he was delighted with it!!   I can't wait til Saturday when I give him a Spider-Man bicycle!!   I think he's going to LOVE it!!   He's growing up way, way too fast, and all I have to say is....  MAKE IT STOP!!!   ;-)

Stretching after work today.   The MRIs of my foot and ankle are tomorrow morning.   I really hope that these MRIs actually show what's causing my issue.   Inconclusive MRIs and those that show no injury / issue are very frustrating!!

Have a Pinktacular day!!   And, may your next run help you to focus on your goals - running and otherwise!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  My one-mile test run today was fine, no trouble from the knee.  Tomorrow I try TWO miles, hehe.  Hoping for another successful run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody.  I'm think I'm just going to rest today!  My body is in pretty good shape, but things are tired and fairly sore.  A shakeout run would actually be quite humorous, so maybe I'll do it just to make myself laugh.

AmiK...Since I just did Toledo, here's my thoughts...It's flat and fast, and that's about it.  I don't know if it'd be the best spot to do a group meet or not, but more because of the city than the race.  I had wanted to try one Mexican restaurant but canned that idea because I was afraid of leaving the car in the neighborhood.  I did have an awesome meal at a hole in the wall place called Calvino's, which I would totally recommend for pre-race eating.  The crowd support for the race was really great where it could be, but a lot of it is on a bike path...not totally quiet, but limited spectators.  It's also very tough for family members to see you on the course...basically start/finish and that's it.  The expo is pretty small too.  On the plus side, race day parking is ample.  It's a PR course, that's for sure.  Hope the MRI results are good.

Pink...Good luck with the results.

Hobbitlegs...welcome!  Congrats on your first HM too.

Zelanie...Glad you're doing better.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Don't worry, Phil. I didn't PR yesterday. Pretty much the only person I know (invisible internet friends and friends running the same race as me) who didn't.

SRD. I have the day off so I'm going out for some retail therapy later. Not going to buy any running clothes because running is stupid and I will never do it again. (I realize I'm being melodramatic)

Have a great day, people.

outoftheblue

Hi everyone,

SRD for me, just going to take the dogs for a  nice walk to stretch the legs for a bit.  Cut-back coming up this week, I think my legs are looking forward to it.

JackK -- Congrats on your HM.  A 4 minute PR is awesome!

Ami -- Hope you get good news on the MRI today.  My fingers are crossed for you.

Pink -- Your nephew sounds adorable.  What fun!

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Meant to add a shout out to Zelenie -- Good to see your running again!

Life is good.