Beginners and Beyond

Same Ol' Song and MONDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Hip Redux

Hi! Would y'all mind one more among your group? 

Welcome!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

3 miles on the hotel TM at 9:40 pace. Probably could have done more, but I ran out of time.

Depending on the weather, I may head out this afternoon for a few miles outside.

Break time at the conference - yawn...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ball of Fury

Thank yu all for the positive thoughts and well wishes!

Pink:  I hope your MRI results are positive!

SIAR:  I was probably not very clear in my post.  The group meet is planned for Shamrock, where DH and I will run the HM as a tune-up to an April marathon.  Trying to choose between Carmel, Illinois, or Glass City for the FM for a possible BQ attempt.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Good luck at the doctor's!

SIAR:  I was probably not very clear in my post.  The group meet is planned for Shamrock, where DH and I will run the HM as a tune-up to an April marathon.  Trying to choose between Carmel, Illinois, or Glass City for the FM for a possible BQ attempt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Pink, wishing you good luck on the MRI.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ah, gotcha. Well Glass City may be great then. It's a great time of year for a PR too as far as weather goes. If you run flats well and don't feel like you need a ton of variety in terrain to keep your legs fresh. My only worry would be that the path sections could get tight if you were with a big pack...I'll ask the folks from my group that were btwn 3:30 and 4:00 on Wed.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ball of Fury

Ah, gotcha. Well Glass City may be great then. It's a great time of year for a PR too as far as weather goes. If you run flats well and don't feel like you need a ton of variety in terrain to keep your legs fresh. My only worry would be that the path sections could get tight if you were with a big pack...I'll ask the folks from my group that were btwn 3:30 and 4:00 on Wed.

Thank you!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Stretching after work today.   The MRIs of my foot and ankle are tomorrow morning.   I really hope that these MRIs actually show what's causing my issue.   Inconclusive MRIs and those that show no injury / issue are very frustrating!!

Enjoy the MRIs.  At least you're not going in HEAD FIRST!  LOL

*BANGBANGBANGtingtingtingtingtingBAM.....BAM......BAM*  Who put the bowling ball in the washing machine?  Really now......... all that technology and they can't make it quieter?

Pinktastic

Enjoy the MRIs.  At least you're not going in HEAD FIRST!  LOL

*BANGBANGBANGtingtingtingtingtingBAM.....BAM......BAM*  Who put the bowling ball in the washing machine?  Really now......... all that technology and they can't make it quieter?

You know it!!   I have had an MRI of my sinuses, and that is a head first kind of thing.  Holy cannoli!   You feel like all the vibrations are knocking your fillings out!!!

Are you going to write an RR (or did you and I've missed it)?

Have a great vacation in just a few short days!!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Are you going to write an RR (or did you and I've missed it)?

Have a great vacation in just a few short days!!!

Thanks - I can't wait.

My RR:  CRASH and Burn.  But at least I looked good doing it.  For more info see Oski's report then add 2 minutes.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hi Dailies!  This is my first Dailies thread, wahoo.

SO today I realized I still have a weakness: too much speed training.  After 12 x 400 on Saturday and hill sprints on Sunday, my legs were kiiinda shot today.  So I did 5 easy with some strides and then hit the gym for...

power clean (<--tried heaviest weight ever, failed on a couple reps)

full snatch (<--weak on the overhead squat part, because my legs were tired, but they then woke up!)

front squat 55kg x 5 x 3

assisted pullups

jump rope interval!

step ups onto a box with 15 kg  in each hand 5 each side x 3

pec fly

pushing the Prowler with 40kg on it, 6 reps across gym floor

annnd ab work (v-ups, single-arm pushups, mountain climbers) and then I was donnnnne.  REST DAY tomorrow.  Whew.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

Hi Dailies!  This is my first Dailies thread, wahoo.

SO today I realized I still have a weakness: too much speed training.  After 12 x 400 on Saturday and hill sprints on Sunday, my legs were kiiinda shot today.  So I did 5 easy with some strides and then hit the gym for...

power clean (<--tried heaviest weight ever, failed on a couple reps)

full snatch (<--weak on the overhead squat part, because my legs were tired, but they then woke up!)

front squat 55kg x 5 x 3

assisted pullups

jump rope interval!

step ups onto a box with 15 kg  in each hand 5 each side x 3

pec fly

pushing the Prowler with 40kg on it, 6 reps across gym floor

annnd ab work (v-ups, single-arm pushups, mountain climbers) and then I was donnnnne.  REST DAY tomorrow.  Whew.

Who ya tryin' ta kill, yourself lol!

Welcome to the dailies!

Pinktastic

Thanks - I can't wait.

My RR:  CRASH and Burn.  But at least I looked good doing it.  For more info see Oski's report then add 2 minutes.

Was this your first race on your comeback trail?    I know that you had a nasty injury that was very slow to heal.   Give yourself a break (not literally)!   If you had fun, it was a good race!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Who ya tryin' ta kill, yourself lol!

Welcome to the dailies!

Good to be here.  And yeah, I still train hard!  (I'm actually faster in sprints...)... just because I'm not racing yet is no excuse.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Scap!  Hiya!

Finally able to eat lunch.  I was closed to tell the witness to cut a finger so I could eat it, LOL.

DH just called me to tell me he bought pairs 2 and 3 for his running shoes collection.

Who is this man that now populated my bed??

Damaris

Fundraising Page