Beginners and Beyond

Same Ol' Song and MONDAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

Good to be here.  And yeah, I still train hard!  (I'm actually faster in sprints...)... just because I'm not racing yet is no excuse.

Sweet!

MBC, you are funny!  Between the three of yous (Boon & Oski) you would make a great variety show!

Sarah, I have never had an MRI but have heard a lot about them...none of it good lol!  I hope they are able to determine the problem, which  is more important when dealing with injury, than the injury itself.  Knowing just what the heck it is.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola!  Here is the link to my Fandango Fun Run report.  This is the run in the evening where we ran along the parade route in front of thousands of people.  Lots of the runners and walkers did it in costume.  I didn't realize until I got home that I had taken about 100 photos!  So if you have not seen the report yet, enjoy all the photos.  This was one fun event!    http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a928fde0ba1d46e885a17d711c903fe3/resume#focus

I also did a Wildflower 5K on Saturday morning that same day.  Here is the link for that one:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1f2c082a2bfa42979b00ee4b1b78be13/resume#focus

Today is a rest day for me.  My legs are a tad sore. I was wondering why...and then realized that I ran Tue-Wed-Thurs, then did 2 races on Saturday, and then got up and ran Sunday morning too.  So SIX runs for the week, when I normally only run 4 times a week.  No wonder my legs are protesting, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I love your race reports.  You make it look so fun.  I've wanted to ask--do you have a blog? because I bet runners would be so into all the photography collected in one place and not just posted on the forum.

Hola!  Here is the link to my Fandango Fun Run report.  This is the run in the evening where we ran along the parade route in front of thousands of people.  Lots of the runners and walkers did it in costume.  I didn't realize until I got home that I had taken about 100 photos!  So if you have not seen the report yet, enjoy all the photos.  This was one fun event!    http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a928fde0ba1d46e885a17d711c903fe3/resume#focus

I also did a Wildflower 5K on Saturday morning that same day.  Here is the link for that one:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1f2c082a2bfa42979b00ee4b1b78be13/resume#focus

Today is a rest day for me.  My legs are a tad sore. I was wondering why...and then realized that I ran Tue-Wed-Thurs, then did 2 races on Saturday, and then got up and ran Sunday morning too.  So SIX runs for the week, when I normally only run 4 times a week.  No wonder my legs are protesting, lol.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Pinktastic

Sarah, I have never had an MRI but have heard a lot about them...none of it good lol!  I hope they are able to determine the problem, which  is more important when dealing with injury, than the injury itself.  Knowing just what the heck it is.

Exactly, LRB!   I don't really care what the tests show or don't show.   I really just want to know what the hell the problem is so that I can determine a recovery plan and get on with things!!   The news may be worse than I want to hear or better than I want to hear, but I want to know what's going on ASAP.   I want to know what to call it, what the prognosis is, and how soon can I start running again, and I've got the patience of a gnat so I want to know NOW!!!    ;-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Mmmmm...beer

10.2 miles @ 8:09/mile done.  Gonna try to keep it nice and easy this week and get my mileage back up.

I have decided to not try to qualify for Boston in Sept and then run Boston next year.  For a couple of a different reasons, physical and financial.  I think that I could have a good chance at qualifying this year, but I think that it would be better for me to stick to my original plan.  Keep base building over the summer, then start training in November for the Shamrock marathon in March, hopefully qualify and then run Boston in 2015.  This would also allow more time to save money for Boston, if I go, I want to be able to enjoy it and not worry about whether or not I should buy the $100 jacket (cause you know damn well I'm gonna buy that jacket lol).  I know that I don't really need to explain myself, but I just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was wondering why I wasn't starting the Pfitz program next week.

I'm still going to bring in some tempos and intervals, but my focus will be on solid base building for the next six months and then be in a good position to start marathon training.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

...and I've got the patience of a gnat so I want to know NOW!!!    ;-)

I have the attention span of a gnat lol!

Sounds like a good decision Dave.  There are a multitude of things I want to accomplish in running before even the thought of attempting a BQ gets on my radar, if it ever does.  The events of a couple of weeks ago while tragic, did not move me to change my mind on that.  I can see however, how it would change the minds of others.

Docket_Rocket

We support your decision, D2.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I love your race reports.  You make it look so fun.  I've wanted to ask--do you have a blog? because I bet runners would be so into all the photography collected in one place and not just posted on the forum.

My  blog, such as it is, is scottydogreports.com  But it's very simple, and I just put the links to the reports there too.  It's kind of a 'central agency' for all my reports.   Of course, since I put the majority of the past reports on RW Forums, those are now gone since I did not save any, before RW went to the new format.  So if you click on the link, the photos probably won't come up.  Since that change, I've been using Photobucket to store all my photos of my races.

My blog does not have all the photos laid out because I'm a technology idiot and don't know how to do that.  Even making a 'simple blog' is a tough task for my old beat-up brain, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

35 miles on the road bike done, with 3500' elevation gain.   Uhhhh.... I hurt now. lol

Rest day tomorrow for sho!

LRB - MBC, Phil and I are gonna take our comedy troupe on the road.  First stop - Michigan!

LRB - MBC, Phil and I are gonna take our comedy troupe on the road.  First stop - Michigan!

I am going on Ticketmaster right now, that's a can't-miss show. For the final act - do you drink beer through your Oski eye-hole?

Dave

Hip Redux

I am going on Ticketmaster right now, that's a can't-miss show. For the final act - do you drink beer through your Oski eye-hole?

HA!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me.  Not sure if I posted earlier or not.  Just a busy day catching up since the work gnomes don't do my job when I'm gone so I had to wade through everything and follow up etc.  Also did my pilates class so really busy day.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

I cannot stuff enough food in my face to fill me up.   The downside to a 3 hour workout.

OMG, so effin hungry.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I cannot stuff enough food in my face to fill me up.   The downside to a 3 hour workout.

OMG, so effin hungry.

welcome to my world!  I've somehow gotten a handle on ignoring the persistent hunger pains or I'd be eating all the damn time with the running that I do.  I eat enough but if my stomach had it's way I'd be eating all the time

Marjorie

LRB

OMG, so effin hungry.

Must be a Monday thing, that was me last week.  I think I was eating the whole day all the way till I turned the lights off that night and even while in bed!

Today it wasn't so bad for me...I must have tagged you "it".