Beginners and Beyond

Same Ol' Song and MONDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Just B.S.

I cannot stuff enough food in my face to fill me up.   The downside to a 3 hour workout.

OMG, so effin hungry.

I hear ya on that one!

On days that I swim/run or bike/run  or bike/swim on the same day I spend as much time eating as I did exercising.

Especially on the swim day. For some reason the swimming makes me much more hungry than running or

cycling.

I swam 2k this morning. I spent the rest of the day eating.Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I did my afternoon miles but my breathing is labored thanks to the allergy shot, so I won't be doing weights tonight.  In fact, they don't recommend heavy weights the day of the shot, so I had forgotten today was the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I cannot stuff enough food in my face to fill me up.   The downside to a 3 hour workout.

OMG, so effin hungry.

Yeah that's me every day. And I only put up half as many miles as some of the folks here, so I don't know how you high-mileage types do it. I feel like I am constantly eating, or looking for something to eat. First thing I do after every meal is look for a snack. 

Dave

Hip Redux

OK, I am making dinner, trying to not continuously snack while I do it.     Chicken tostadas, quacamole, rice... SO HUNGRY.  lol

Just B.S.

Just signed up hubby and I for our a Sprint Tri on June 16th.

I have a ladies only on Sprint June 9th. He always volunteers at that one.

June 16th will be hubby's first tri. We have done many duathlons since our first in 2008 and

decided to get more into the tri's. I am really excited for him. He only learned to swim starting in

January of this year. He didn't grow up swimming like I did so had to start from scratch. He has

worked so hard for  this on top of training for a (hopefully) sub 3:30 marathon.

Our goal is a 1/2 Iron together next summer.

But first we have to run a marathon on Mother's Day.Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm starrrviiing too!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Super proud of myself right now. Sucked it up and went for a two mile walk on the TM, with increasing incline. Then I did a 15 minute stretch DVD. Plus I am having a shake for dinner. Feeling a lot less sore, my shin is a little niggly but I'm going to ice it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Crunches and pushups done.  The number of each is not as important as the fact that I started!

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

First thing I do after every meal is look for a snack. 

Ha, I do that while eating the meal!

delicate flower

Boy, my workout sucked tonight.  WTH?  I was going to do an hour on the elliptical, but after 50 minutes I bailed.  It was a struggle despite it being an easier workout.  I was ready to quit after 20 minutes.  Oh well...just like with runs, you can just have a bad day.  No biggie.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks LRB and Damaris!  I was a little disappointed at first when I made the decision, but I think it's the right one.  No need to rush into anything.  Stick to the plan and keep racking up the miles.  Plus now I can focus on defeating my new arch enemy, the local runner in my AG who is beating me in the Grand Prix series. Smile  Is it wrong that I internet stalked him on athlinks? lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. I'll bring donuts when I can get a hold of DH's fancy laptop. Got home from work. Now it's time for dinner and beer.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Docket_Rocket

You got me at donuts!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

Just a quick fly by to check in and catch up with some last page personals. I might get back & do some more later tonight after I pick up DW from work. I did end up running 3 easy recovery miles outside this afternoon ... it was sunny & 70 degrees. My right quad was still just a bit tender at the start but loosened up after a couple of blocks. I am absolutely sold on active recovery and will keep things nice and easy through the remainder of this week. Stretched and rolled out the legs and I'm feeling great.

Just B.S. - I love how you and your hubby both train and race together ... nice pic as well! Hope you both have a great racing season and he hits the sub 3:30!

Docket_Rocket- Sorry the asthma is messing up your plans again but nice work on the miles anyway.

DaveP MI, Oski, kristin10185 & LRB - I'm right there with you guys on the hunger factor ... if only my stomach could hold more at one time!

lilac_jive- Nice work on the TM!

Robert31320-  I agree, the toughest thing is actually starting in the first place. Good work and keep it up!

Baboon- Sorry you had a bummer workout today ... but those days eventually happen. I hope you and DW have a great time on your upcoming trip!

Dtothe2nd- Nothing wrong with a little competitive stalking. Wink May your next race be one that you blow past him unannounced 50 yards from the finish line.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Ball of Fury

Thanks LRB and Damaris!  I was a little disappointed at first when I made the decision, but I think it's the right one.  No need to rush into anything.  Stick to the plan and keep racking up the miles.  Plus now I can focus on defeating my new arch enemy, the local runner in my AG who is beating me in the Grand Prix series. Smile  Is it wrong that I internet stalked him on athlinks? lol

Of course not!  I stalked my orthopedic surgeon on Athlinks!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15