Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Forecast: Hot! 'er um, Cold! (Read 42 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It is currently 40 degrees here, while other parts of the map are the complete opposite. As it is I am going to put on as little as possible and go for a jog.

See you on the other side.

Cyberic

No track tonight. There is a local race and many people from the club are going, including the coach. This also marks the change of seasons as long as the club goes. Next week, summer season starts.

Dunno what I'm gonna do yet. Run at lunch time, yes, but some hard intervals, or a 3 mile tempo? Think I'm going to go with the tempo, but I'll see.

StepbyStep-SH

42* here, but I just keep telling myself it isn't the several inches of snow that hit family and friends in western Nebraska last night, or the tornadoes that sent one of my Oklahoma friends to her "fraidy hole" for several hours.

Instead, I will just grumble about my knee, which was unhappy from the beginning this morning and still wasn't good after I got warmed up. So I cut what was supposed to be an hour down to 40 minutes. Only 3.25 miles. PT later this morning, and I'll ask about a strange little bump on the inside of my knee that is where things hurt the most and feels bruised/tender to the touch from the outside.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

SNOW????

I think it's just a walk day.  Getting back into it, I'm having a bit of pain in my left heel/achilles.  I'm not sure if it's just ramp-up pain (hahahaha, 0 miles to 3 miles, what a ramp-up.)

So I'll walk 4 miles, then cut the grass at our rental, then go to work.  Near 90 today, but they claim the humidity will be way down.  I don't believe them.

Good morning.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant run.

Cyberic99, have fun doing whatever you do.

(((Shari))) I hope that this knee trouble ends soon.

Little Blue, enjoy walking and yardwork.

RD for me. I'd planned to run, but overslept. (Oops.) it's Wednesday, so, I have my weekly sewing club meetup tonight. I'll run before work tomorrow, then do weights and cardio after

delicate flower

Good morning, e-people!  Today was a pre-work treadmill speed session.  I hit it hard.  60 minute progression.  9 miles at 6:40 avg pace.  I really had to dig deep the last 10 minutes.  Very happy with that workout.  Then I drove 45 minutes to work, got out of the car, and hobbled/limped into the office.   

Bike ride planned after work with DW.  Hopefully she'll go easy.  Anything hard and I'll be unable to keep up.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Urology appointment yesterday for prostate stuff...some fun...ain't it grand getting older?  .  Followed by a nice 3.3 mile run/walk at my favorite San Antonio park.  Was going to do some of the off-road trails but with all the rain we've had over the last week, everything off-road was pretty much flooded.  So stuck to the paved trails.  Felt pretty good the whole way.   Today a 5K group fun run on the Riverwalk being offered by Rock n Roll San Antonio and then those that want to do the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon or Half can also sign up today early at a discounted price.  After the fun-run, RnR is giving everyone a complimentary beer to all those who want one. We start and finish at the Blue Star Brewery which is a very good local brewery and eatery, nice.

OK, ....today is a day to "move your bloomin' arse!"  cuz it's Eliza Doolittle Day!  (from My Fair Lady)

My Fair Lady cartoons, My Fair Lady cartoon, funny, My Fair Lady picture, My Fair Lady pictures, My Fair Lady image, My Fair Lady images, My Fair Lady illustration, My Fair Lady illustrations

Today is also:

National Employee Health & Fitness Day

'To encourage more exercise among our employees, all our escalators operate backwards.'

Weights and Measures Day

'Don't worry. The pound has devalued, so you've actually lost weight.'

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

...ain't it grand getting older?  . 

If you are into discounts. lol

delicate flower

So I ran the Vermont City Marathon last May and death marched the second half due to the 70+ degree temps and bright sun.  I want to run that one again but decided not to this year.  That race is this Sunday, and the weather is supposed to be mid-70's and clear skies.  Damn...dodged that bullet.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  After a stupid trial, sigh.  Some alcohol might be needed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning guys! 4.3 easy miles this morning, too much coffee, big work to-do list but I'm actually feeling good about tackling it today. Only a few more months and I'll be defending my thesis! And then after that stress is over I'll go back to doing the exact same things but with a slightly larger paycheck and student loan bills to pay, lol.

10 miles with 3 x 2 miles, 0.5 mile recoveries. Paces of repeats were 1 ~HMP,  1 ~10k, 1 ~tempo. Not specifically planned that way, just how it worked out. No idea what I am doing training-wise right now, just kind of winging it. This will be my last quality workout before my 10k on Memorial Day.

Dave

LRB

No idea what I am doing training-wise right now, just kind of winging it.

Your log suggests otherwise. 

GinnyinPA

A cold front passed through yesterday so today's high is only 69, but breezy so it feels even cooler.  No snow, but a last taste of spring.  I'll do  5 easy miles this afternoon.

YugoAgain

Hello, hello, and a happy Wednesday to all!

Why am I happy?  Why, I am enjoying a tasty, amazing Mediterranean platter from an awesome Turkish restaurant as I work.  (Minus the "while I work" part,) I almost always bring my lunch and was absolutely starving, so:  mmmm.  A 1,000-calorie lunch, but, okay.

I ran a nice 6 last night, and will run something tonight.

Everyone who's cold today:  I'll trade!