Beginners and Beyond

JACK KLOMPUS IS THE FREAKIN' MAN! (Read 118 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

...and I'll tell you why we think so shortly! 

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

Agreed.

<3

LRB

You have my attention.

Robert31320

Team TJ

We're near speechless right now.  Here's why, a lot of you know our son TJ has Cerebral Palsy and is wheelchair bound.  One of the things that excites the most is getting mail.  Here's what he got today:

Dear TJ,

You don’t know me but I am friends with your Dad. I know him from a website called Running Ahead. People go there and share their daily running stories and pictures. That’s how I learned about you. :-)  On the website your Dad knows me as “Jack Klompus” but in real life my name is Brad.

Yesterday I ran in the Los Angeles Marathon and finished it! My time was 4:09:23 and I’m very proud of that. I saw on Facebook that you like getting cards in the mail so I dedicated my race to you, TJ, because I can see that you are a very special person. Also, this is a gift for you; it is my medal from the race! Maybe you can put it in your room and when you look at it you can think of your friend in California.

Your friend,

Jack Klompus

(Brad) :-)

I will post a picture or two shortly.

happylily

That was very kind of Jack (Brad). I'm really not surprised that he did something like that. We have a great group, here, and he represents us well. Bravo, Jack! And bravo Robert as well. Yours is not an easy job, but I've never seen you complain. You are a champion in your own right and so is TJ. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Don't call me Buttercup!

That is so awesome!     And Lily is right, Robert.  You and Angie and TJ do not have the easiest road... yet you always seem full of love and hope and amazing spirit.  You guys are awesome.  TEAM TJ all the way!!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

LRB

Little Blue

*sniff*  That made me a little misty eyed.  Jack/Brad is the man, indeed.

bluerun

Super B****

Okay, that's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard.  Brad, you're awesome.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

hog4life

Very nice Jack!

Just B.S.

Hip Redux

Okay, that's just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard.  Brad, you're awesome.

+1 million.

You rock, JK!

Docket_Rocket

Jack, that's awesome!

Robert, not surprised, though.  TJ is a very inspirational boy.  I think of him often while running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

delicate flower

Well played, Klompus.

<3