Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: The Final Quarter (Read 34 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's a rest day for me and given the state of ache in my quads deservedly so. Back in the olden days, I would come off a rest day feeling super charged and raring to go. These days, I expect to need a rest after my run tomorrow. lol

Docket_Rocket

RD for me as well.  Taking my dad to the laundromat after work since the sellers took the washer & dryer in violation of the contract (I think I mentioned this but if not, they paid us for them and they are to be delivered Sunday).  Dad has been on the road for three weeks and has no clothes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning, friends!!  roflsnacks!!  7 mile run before work at a moderate effort, somewhere in that "no man's land" where I get no benefit at all from the run according to some people in certain corners of the internet.  Big grin  But I digest...more running to do after work.

I am trying to shed the 5-10 extra pounds that I have carrying around for the past year, ever since I gorged on junk food after my IM last September.  The only thing I'm doing differently now is limiting my sweets, and no snacking after dinner (pretzels, Cheez-Its, etc).  I am down three pounds in three weeks.  Losing 3-4 more before my December marathon would be nice. 

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3 slow, easy miles this morning followed by some foam rolling and upper body stuff. Legs were sore from PT yesterday; first mile today was extra slow...foam rolling helped renew that pain!  Was almost 70 degrees here this morning with a high in the mid-80s today...high in a few days is supposed to be 60...Michigan...

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I am trying to shed the 5-10 extra pounds that I have carrying around for the past year, ever since I gorged on junk food after my IM last September.  The only thing I'm doing differently now is limiting my sweets, and no snacking after dinner (pretzels, Cheez-Its, etc).  I am down three pounds in three weeks.  Losing 3-4 more before my December marathon would be nice. 

I've been gorging on cherry pie with ice cream and Cherry Republic chocolate/cherry sauce the last three nights...birthday was Saturday and I asked for birthday pie instead of cake. And, it is/was a really good pie as evidenced by my inability to stay away from it! So may need a similar plan soon, especially with the lower miles recently

Docket_Rocket

So, good folks of the B&B, please help me decide whether to run the Carmel HM or the full.

onemile, you've run both or just the full?  How was the race and weather when you ran it?  Just wondering if I should just do my 2-3 marathons I have at the beginning of the year, dabble at HM from April through August and then train for the Fall marathon(s).  Since I can finally do that and not have a hot HM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

So, good folks of the B&B, please help me decide whether to run the Carmel HM or the full.

onemile, you've run both or just the full?  How was the race and weather when you ran it?  Just wondering if I should just do my 2-3 marathons I have at the beginning of the year, dabble at HM from April through August and then train for the Fall marathon(s).  Since I can finally do that and not have a hot HM.

I ran the full, back when the race was held in April (they moved it to March after having some hot weather years).  I'm not sure why you think you can run HMs in the summer and not have hot weather.  Maybe in April (if you aren't unlucky ).  Or if you think under 80 isn't hot.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I should have said Spring rather than Summer (although they do have HMs here through June that I saw).  This year they had 50-70F all the way through July but I assume that's not normal.

BTW, this year is in April 4th so I should be safe with this one. Maybe target a May one as a backup one?

Tempted to run the full since this is a local race (15 minutes from the house) but I can do the HM this year and maybe switch with Monumental in HM or full annually).

For some reason, I cannot open the historical weather for Carmel in findmymarathon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Yeah, I should have said Spring rather than Summer (although they do have HMs here through June that I saw).  This year they had 50-70F all the way through July but I assume that's not normal.

BTW, this year is in April 4th so I should be safe with this one. Maybe target a May one as a backup one?

Tempted to run the full since this is a local race (15 minutes from the house) but I can do the HM this year and maybe switch with Monumental in HM or full annually).

For some reason, I cannot open the historical weather for Carmel in findmymarathon.

We usually don't get 50s in June but we did have a much cooler June this year than usual

onemile

Biometric screening day at work. My heart rate was 45 and the screener was like "you must have really good cardio " 

LRB

Biometric screening day at work. My heart rate was 45 and the screener was like "you must have really good cardio " 

Boosh πŸ‘ŠπŸΎπŸ‘ŠπŸ»

LRB

A coworker asked what I was doing for World Vegetarian Day (which I didn't even know was a thing). I told him I planned to eat a steak. 

RunningOnSand

And you were like, "Bro, you don't even know!" Big grin 

I ran 6 in fall weather. Yesterday was 100% humidity and 72*. Today was drizzle and 53*. Hamstring is more complainy than it has been the last few days...thinking I need a recovery run day tomorrow.

RunningOnSand

A coworker asked what I was doing for World Vegetarian Day (which I didn't even know was a thing). I told him I planned to eat a steak. 

LOL. Weird. (I didn't know it was a thing either.)

Runshortii

Mmmm steak

ill probably make today a rest day and do my 7 mile workout tomorrow since it’s supposed to cool off. I’m at a trauma class the next two days, took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 40 miles