Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Chasing the bus

Love this. Bitter sweet. Smoky sour cherries and dark chocolate.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Madcow75

Been enjoying some Great Lakes Alchemy Hour IIPA lately.

Not bad with fire grilled Salmon

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Karbach is a local brewery that sometimes hands out beer at some of the local races. i haven't had one I dot like. Here is tonights refreshment and running mate.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I wanted to try the new Budweiser Black Crown so I picked up a six on the way home. I am very disappointed. It has a bite to it that a "lager" should not have. It will be hard to finish the other five, but DW will help... hopefully.

Got a 6 pack of Victory Swing session saison.  Good stuff -- it's flavorful and low enough in ABV to have a couple and still function.  A nice non-hop-centric addition to the growing niche of session beer.

StepbyStep-SH

I know this is primarily a beer thread, but for any cider drinkers out there, DON'T bother with one called CiderBoys. My local store had it on sale last week - eh. Too sweet - more like apple juice than cider.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I know this is primarily a beer thread, but for any cider drinkers out there, DON'T bother with one called CiderBoys. My local store had it on sale last week - eh. Too sweet - more like apple juice than cider.

According to the time stamp on your post, it looks like it also keeps you up all night.Cool

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I wanted to try the new Budweiser Black Crown so I picked up a six on the way home. I am very disappointed. It has a bite to it that a "lager" should not have. It will be hard to finish the other five, but DW will help... hopefully.

That's the worst!

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I can help you out with those, Jack.  Bud 55 makes anything else taste good.  DW just came home with a 6 pack of Murphy's Red Ale to go with tomorrow's corned beef and cabbage.  Sláinte  !!!

StepbyStep-SH

According to the time stamp on your post, it looks like it also keeps you up all night.Cool

Nah - I had just gotten up for my long run.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Love the Half

I had an Italian dopplebock last night.  Here was my review on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

When you think of dopplebock, Italy is not exactly what comes to mind. Hell, Italy isn't what comes to mind when you think of any beer. Yet, I'm now trying a La Rossa Birra Moretti dopplebock. Pours a deep red which is definitely not your typical dopplebock color. A creamy, off white head forms that lingers throughout. Tasting reveals a deep malt profile with molasses, dark chocolate, and roasted notes. There's just a bit of hop bitterness to balance the malt and the 7.5% a.b.v. Overall, not a world class dopplebock like Weihenstephaner or Ayinger but a solid beer nonetheless. Worth picking up for a nice change if you get the chance.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

meh.....

Love the Half

Going with this tonight.  An incredibly well balanced beer.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Dad on the run.

I hear so much good things about dog fish head, but its not available here Sad I think someone should be a champ and ship me some good DFH! haha.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.