Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Love the Half

It's not available my state, WV, either.  Fortunately, I have Army Reserve duty every month in Ohio and some of it is available there.  I say "some of it" because some DFH beers are over 12% alcohol and that's the limit for beer in Ohio.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Can't quite read the label - is that the 90 Minute? Mmmm....that's the goods.

Going with this tonight.  An incredibly well balanced beer.

Dave

LRS

Chasing Muses

Always a great choice.

Going with this tonight.  An incredibly well balanced beer.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Replay of St. Paddy's Day on Sunday with DD/fiance. Harp to go with corned beef.  Tonight will have Shiner to go with leftover Chile.

I love me some Guinness. I am headed to the liqour store in a bit to pick up Friday eve's entertainment. Any suggestions on something along the Guinness lines, looking to which it up but stay in the creamy smooth stout family. "mmmmmmmm beeer"

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Not sure where you are in the country, but Breckenridge Brewery based out of CO, makes my favorite stout. I can get it here in Indiana.

I love me some Guinness. I am headed to the liqour store in a bit to pick up Friday eve's entertainment. Any suggestions on something along the Guinness lines, looking to which it up but stay in the creamy smooth stout family. "mmmmmmmm beeer"

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

I am with you all the way.

Based on your profile, looks like you are in TX. So you probably can't get the stouts I like that are local to me in MI. (Personal fave: New Holland Brewing Co.'s Poet.) Some of the best are usually local, so hard to know what's available to you.

If you can find them, you might try branching out to Guinness's 2 main competitors in Ireland: Murphy's & Beamish. Both are available in the 16 oz pub draught cans.

Dave

Thanks fellas. I am about 20 miles outside of Houston. We have a liquor store here by the name of Spec's tat prides itself on having hundreds of beers to choose from. I'll see if they have any of the three you guys mentioned. Gettin' thirsty my friend !

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

On special at Costco. Yummmm...

You bastard, now I want one, but I am just getting ready to go run, so I have to wait like an hour and a half for it.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Haha... Sorry about that! Remember, good things come to those who wait, and Guinness is definitely a good thing.

I am with you all the way.

Based on your profile, looks like you are in TX. So you probably can't get the stouts I like that are local to me in MI. (Personal fave: New Holland Brewing Co.'s Poet.) Some of the best are usually local, so hard to know what's available to you.

If you can find them, you might try branching out to Guinness's 2 main competitors in Ireland: Murphy's & Beamish. Both are available in the 16 oz pub draught cans.

Well, I couldn't make up my mind sooooo....

No Label brewery is about 10-15 miles from my house. Good stuff.

Well, I couldn't make up my mind sooooo....

No Label brewery is about 10-15 miles from my house. Good stuff.

Nicely done.

I will always have a Guinness in an Irish pub, but otherwise go for a local option whenever possible.

I pretty much keep exclusively MI beers in the house. (Other than the fact my wife drinks Corona Light, but I don't even want to go there.)

Got 10 miles in after work, so I earned myself one of Detroit's finest. Mmmm....

Dave

Couldn't find Beamish. Almost picked up a Porter but stayed the course.

edit: but I have to admit, Neither are Guiness. Good, but just not Guiness.

Couldn't find Beamish. Almost picked up a Porter but stayed the course.

edit: but I have to admit, Neither are Guiness. Good, but just not Guiness.

Guinness adds small amounts of purposely soured beer before reaching a final product.  Murphy's is similar but even lower ABV, and I don't believe that they blend sour beer in.