Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Ballast Point just arrived in the area this past week, their Sculpin IPA is incredible.  Drinking one from the stash right now.

sculpin

YAYpril - B-Plus

My husband bought a Sam Adams winter variety pack so I stole a White Christmas last night. VERY tasty.

StepbyStep-SH

Beer threads make me sad ... I can't have it any more. And all those stouts and porters on LTH's list sound so good! My favorite post-marathon treat was a local stout "Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout" from Sand Creek Brewing.

Now I have to stick with wine, cider and cocktails - think tonight will be a Angry Orchard Ginger Apple Cider.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Locally brewed and quite tasty

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

Beer threads make me sad ... I can't have it any more. And all those stouts and porters on LTH's list sound so good! My favorite post-marathon treat was a local stout "Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout" from Sand Creek Brewing.

Now I have to stick with wine, cider and cocktails - think tonight will be a Angry Orchard Ginger Apple Cider.

There's a local microbrewery that makes a chocolate stout that is ah-mazing!  And I'm a big Angry Orchard fan.  My favorite is their crisp apple.

Do you even run?

I am in love with English Pale Ale's right now. Not sure what it is - maybe that its not OVERTLY hoppy? Either way, this one was delicious. Drinking it after hard-run trail 5k? Even tastier.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Better I Leave

Samuel Smith makes some pretty good ales and lagers. My wife likes their organic strawberry ale.

The Mc

The Alchemist was a great brewpub in Waterbury, VT that was destroyed by the floods from Hurricane Irene.  They found a new location and ditched the food and other beers to focus on canning their flagship beer, the mighty Heady Topper.

If you can lay your hands on some, I suggest you grab it.

Papa don't take no mess.

LRB

You say that like it's a bad thing.  I can appreciate a good cabernet!

robinde

Opps, I already drank it.

robinde

This is a great beer.  Hard to get.

The Alchemist was a great brewpub in Waterbury, VT that was destroyed by the floods from Hurricane Irene.  They found a new location and ditched the food and other beers to focus on canning their flagship beer, the mighty Heady Topper.

If you can lay your hands on some, I suggest you grab it.

The Mc

This is a great beer.  Hard to get.

Hill Farmstead is great as well, and also difficult to get outside of VT.

Papa don't take no mess.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I've got these on my mantle as I wait to find the rest of the set... and there are cold ones in the fridgeBig grin.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Ken WD

Hill Farmstead is great as well, and also difficult to get outside of VT.

I was just in Vermont a few weeks ago and I agree with this. I stayed overnight in Waterbury and was able to to have The Alchemist Heady Topper, Lawson's Finest Kiwi and Hill Farmstead Abner in the span of about an hour. I was in hop heaven.

The Mc

I was just in Vermont a few weeks ago and I agree with this. I stayed overnight in Waterbury and was able to to have The Alchemist Heady Topper, Lawson's Finest Kiwi and Hill Farmstead Abner in the span of about an hour. I was in hop heaven.

I've heard great things about Lawson's finest, but have yet to see it down in Southern VT.

Papa don't take no mess.