Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Mostly harmless

Can't decide between coffee and beer? Now you don't have to!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

@runjerseygirl

Can't decide between coffee and beer? Now you don't have to!

WUT?!?  That looks awesome!  And I love that the Keurig is in the background, LOL!

Do you even run?

From the Internet.

I had no idea there were so many breweries in VT.. Hubby is in Burlington for work this week, I'll have to tell him to bring back something that I can't get down here!

@runjerseygirl

Picked this up last week.   Having one now.

Do you even run?

LRB

Picked this up last week.   Having one now.

How'd that work out for ya?

@runjerseygirl

How'd that work out for ya?

It was horrible. Cry

Do you even run?

From the Internet.

Had about 5 minutes to decide what to buy, Lagunitas never disappoints me.

StepbyStep-SH

It was horrible. Cry

No offense, but I'm a little glad, because I was going to be incredibly jealous. Now ... back to my Angry Orchard.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Scottydawg, I move some Alamo

Tonights victim

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

In a Denver airport bar drinking Rock Bottom IPA. Not too bad, but no pics sorry.

Love the Half

In a Denver airport bar drinking Rock Bottom IPA. Not too bad, but no pics sorry.

Don't know about that IPA but my gripe with many IPA's is that they are essentially nothing but a hopped up Coors Light.  They don't have a lot of floral aromas nor do they have much malt backing them up.  They're just bitter.  Well hell, that doesn't take any effort.  Just dump a bunch of hop pellets into the boil and presto - IPA.  It doesn't even matter what variety you use as the boil drives off all the aromatics and leaves nothing but the alpha acid bitterness.  Good IPA's a bitter but they are backed up with tons of floral aromas and a big malt backbone.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Don't know about that IPA but my gripe with many IPA's is that they are essentially nothing but a hopped up Coors Light.  They don't have a lot of floral aromas nor do they have much malt backing them up.  They're just bitter.  Well hell, that doesn't take any effort.  Just dump a bunch of hop pellets into the boil and presto - IPA.  It doesn't even matter what variety you use as the boil drives off all the aromatics and leaves nothing but the alpha acid bitterness.  Good IPA's a bitter but they are backed up with tons of floral aromas and a big malt backbone.

I tend to agree with that. Whats your IPA o choice?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

A couple of Detroit's finest...one for breakfast, one for dessert.

A lot of other delicious options posted.

Dave

Better I Leave

I like a good lager and this one is definitely a thirst quencher...

Love the Half

I tend to agree with that. Whats your IPA o choice?

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is arguably one of the best beers in America.  I absolutely love it. The hops on the nose will literally knock you over but there is a ton of floral aroma rather than just bitter.  When you taste it, the bitterness at 90 IBU is obvious but the sweetness of the malt is impossible to miss.  The balance is a true work of art.

Mind you, I have never gotten my  hands on Pliny the Elder so I'm reserving judgement until I taste that masterpiece.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).