Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Enjoying Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold tonight. Pretty good. But I still like the Eliot Ness more.

If I'm having one of Cleveland's finest, it's going to be the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

(I could swear I even mentioned this one several pages ago in this thread....)

Dave

Anybody got a favorite "cheap" beer?  I'm not talking Pabst or Old Milwaukee.  I'm talking under $30 a case.

I can get a case of Sierra Nevada Torpedo for 29.98, game over.  Wink

(For truly cheap, Genny Heritage variety cases are on sale here for 9.99.  Genny Red / 12 Horse ale / Fife and Drum.  None of those are world beaters, but they're all passable when disc golfing or just hanging out with friends.)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Binny's Beverage Depot in Chicago has a craft your own 6 pack, with a nice variety to choose from, including Sam Adams.  $10.

Smashy!!!

If I'm having one of Cleveland's finest, it's going to be the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

(I could swear I even mentioned this one several pages ago in this thread....)

I've had the Ed Fitz once, and it was a very good Porter. I'm just not a big fan of porter.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Bought a 6 pack of Third Shift Amber.  Yes, I know its MillerCoors.

I am still on the wagon but I do occasionally still window shop, plus I could not let this glorious thread fall off the front page!

I would post more of my beer pics but, since the site "upgrade" I lost my mobil pic posting ability.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

LRB

I would post more of my beer pics but, since the site "upgrade" I lost my mobil pic posting ability.

Browse through this thread when you get a moment, and take care to read the help sticky up top.  If you cannot find a topic that covers your issue, send Eric a message at eric and a happy face symbol.  I tried to include it but um, a happy face appeared lol!

Browse through this thread when you get a moment, and take care to read the help sticky up top.  If you cannot find a topic that covers your issue, send Eric a message at eric and a happy face symbol.  I tried to include it but um, a happy face appeared lol!

You'll want to listen to LRB, he's a picture-posting machine!

Dave

aplodder

Susan

Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh, and I love Edmund Fitzgerald.

LRB

You'll want to listen to LRB, he's a picture-posting machine!

That is hilarious!

It's Thursday people. Let see the flavors of the week!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

LRS

Chasing Muses

Racked my Autumn Amber last night.

Bought a mixed 6 tonight with 2 Flying Dog's Winter Ales, a Torpedo, an Edmund Fitzgerald, a Victory Prima Pils and a Port City Porter. Tried one of the Flying Dogs tonight. Meh, not my favorite FD flavor. I've had the Torpedo before and look forward to trying the others.

Dad on the run.

Picking up some more of this tonight! Delicious.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

I went to pick up a 6-pack of Bell's Hopslam Ale, but the $19.99 price tag was enough to deter me. I 'settled' for their Midwestern Pale Ale. I say 'settled' because the hopslam is an amazing brew, but damn, 20 bones for a sixer?!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

aplodder

Susan

I don't know if it's been mentioned already or not, but my favorite microbrew/restaurant was out of its regular stout, so DH and I ordered a Yard's Love Stout-pure awesomeness.  If it's as good bottled as it is on draft, I may have a new favorite.