Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Hey Mother Nature.... (Read 46 times)

Oski, I hope that the weather, improves, so you can run outside.

I'm sure that I'm making some gains, but I wonder how much the shoes have to do with it. In my Kinvara 3s, F-lite 195s, or any of my Vibrams, I seem to run better and more comfortably. My old shoes (Asics GT-2170, Asics Gel-Fortitude, and Asics Gel-Kayano 18) still have some miles left in them, but I'm wary of using them again, after the success I've had in my new shoes. I'm considering buying another pair each of the Kinvara 3s and the F-lite 195s to have on reserve; my best runs seem to have been in them.

Spark - knee issues?  What's up?  ITB stuff?

Pain inner right knee one spot tender to the touch. I have no idea what the ITB stuff would feel like....?? It hurt all last week and a little when I ran the 5K Saturday but felt great during the run......limped a lot afterwards. IT feels as if its going away.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

outoftheblue

Good morning runners!

I got in 6.2 easy miles last night and 3 to 4 miles on tap today.  My family is coming in for Easter weekend, so I have to get cracking on changing out the bed linens, cleaning and figuring out what I'm going to cook.   One person is a vegan, another is gluten intolerant, another can't eat onions, another is low-carb.   I need to put on my thinking cap.  It's very untraditional, but I'm probably going to do something Asian, like stir-fry.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Hope it heals soon.

Pain inner right knee one spot tender to the touch. I have no idea what the ITB stuff would feel like....?? It hurt all last week and a little when I ran the 5K Saturday but felt great during the run......limped a lot afterwards. IT feels as if its going away.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Good morning runners!

I got in 6.2 easy miles last night and 3 to 4 miles on tap today.  My family is coming in for Easter weekend, so I have to get cracking on changing out the bed linens, cleaning and figuring out what I'm going to cook.   One person is a vegan, another is gluten intolerant, another can't eat onions, another is low-carb.   I need to put on my thinking cap.  It's very untraditional, but I'm probably going to do something Asian, like stir-fry.

One caution on asian - soy sauce has gluten.

Hip Redux

ITB is usually outside the knee pain, so probably not.   Sounds just as unenjoyable though!

Docket_Rocket

I think there are brands without.  Tamari is gluten free if I remember correctly.

One caution on asian - soy sauce has gluten.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I think there are brands without.  Tamari is gluten free if I remember correctly.

Tamari is, yep!

LRB

Supp Clique!

D2, love those types of runs!

Boonie Boon, what it do, what it do!

Scott T, crowds means ladies, juss sayin'.

DaveP, albeit windy, you are going to love your run!

April, hopefully you were right.  I have been having issues with new shoes for the past month!

Nice run Step!

Supp Gus!

D, I did not google it.  you don't have to warn me twice!

Oski, I feel you on the shorts.

Blue, maybe a stir fry without onions with rice, grilled chicken, and gluten free noodles as sides.  Something for everyone.

Supp Flo, Mitch, Rob, B, Bruce, B-Plus, and Spark!

StepbyStep-SH

Any labeled as tamari should be gluten free, and la choy brand usually is. Be sure to check the label.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me with some marathon paced miles in there.

Nice running everyone.

Boon good luck at the docs

Scotty I was surprised how many people were not off today.  Maybe more were and they were not braving the cold when I ran?  We are open as we are only closed on major holidays so I'm at the office.

I need to get my tickets to go up to see my dad and get all the stuff of my mom's/grandmothers that I want before he sells the house/gets remarried and moves.  It has been a whirlwind with my dad these last few months.  He has done some weird stuff and just let's say it has been stressful.  I want him to be happy so I'm fine with him moving and getting married (mom died 4.5 years ago) but marrying someone he met in Dec, dated twice, didn't see again or talk too until end of Feb and promptly got engaged and now are looking at getting married by Sept and selling the house and moving to Florida is just a SMH moment.  Neither my brother or I have met this women yet....I'm sure it will all work out but stress is an understatement.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Wow, Marjorie... that's kind of crazy!  I hope for your sake and his that it all works out for the best.

delicate flower

Knee doc appointment and PT are done.  Doc says I'm doing great and the knee is very strong.  I have been cut loose from physical therapy for now but have to keep at it on my own.  I get just so many appointments per my insurance company, so we're saving the rest until July at which point they'll start me on their "Advanced PT for Athletes" program, which is a lot of jumping, twisting, and squatting.  I can start biking again immediately and I can start jogging in May.  All in all, a great morning at the ortho office.  It does feel kind of weird though...only 7+ weeks since surgery and now I'm rehabbing on my own.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yay!

Knee doc appointment and PT are done.  Doc says I'm doing great and the knee is very strong.  I have been cut loose from physical therapy for now but have to keep at it on my own.  I get just so many appointments per my insurance company, so we're saving the rest until July at which point they'll start me on their "Advanced PT for Athletes" program, which is a lot of jumping, twisting, and squatting.  I can start biking again immediately and I can start jogging in May.  All in all, a great morning at the ortho office.  It does feel kind of weird though...only 7+ weeks since surgery and now I'm rehabbing on my own.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great news Phil.

Oski you have no idea.  Damaris knows the whole story but it is very convoluted.  He also gave one of his dogs away yesterday.  That was sad.  He kept one but gave the other away to a family that the knows the breed well and is part of the group that is recommended by the breeder they got him from.  He was 7.

Marjorie