Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Hey Mother Nature.... (Read 46 times)

Ball of Fury

What's up dailies?  I finally had a nice Hanson tempo run today...yay!  I was beginning to get a bit concerned because these are the GHMP runs, and it seemed like I was struggling with them all.  Today, I did 11 total, with 7 @ GHMP (ended up being 7:57/mile), and finally felt strong the entire time!  It was still a bit cold outside, but it was sunny and not windy, so I consider it a win!!  Hope you all have a great day!

Phi:  Fantastic news!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ric-G

hello dailies

morning has not gone to plan but that is ok...did get in 10 @7:35 this AM with 2 easy and the moon looking on from the West...gotta go but some good running out there by you folks and glad to see some are breaking out the shorts. have a good one....

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

Phil, that's great news!!

Marjorie, I'm so sorry for your family drama. I hope things get better for you.

4.5 miles done. The STUPID WIND kept me cool during my fartleks. I'm loving the temperature, but I won't complain if the wind never, ever comes back. I got a little panicked at my turnaround (I did an out-and-back) because it started sprinkling. I was like, crap... if it rains while I'm running, and I have to go back to work looking like I jumped in a pool, I won't be happy. Luckily it was very short-lived.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

DaveP, enjoy that  shorts weather!  Which doesn't happen in Texas till we hit at least the 50s, lol.

Dang, Bruce, heckuva run!  Nothing like some speedwork after doing 10 miles! Joking

Hooray for new shoes, April!  Hope that solves the problem for you!

10 miles, Step, in TWENTY degree weather?  Shocked  You are hard-core!  Enjoy the rest of your workouts today, hope the DOMS does not show up.

Gee, Basya, nice negative splits there!

Hope your weather behaves, Oski!  My sunshine went away, clouds are rolling in!  But..it's still in the 70s.  Big grin

Sorry about the knee pain, Sparker, hope that resolves!  I think ITB usually 'presents' on the outside of the knee doesn't it and/or along the hip area?  Maybe I'm mistaken.  Anyway, hope this goes away for you soon!

Dang, outoftheblue....I'd give them all cereal!  Joking   Have a happy visit with all the incoming!

Yeah, marjorie, we are open too.  The students get the days off, but for we university staff  it is business as usual. Oh well  I'm saving some days for Fiesta San Antonio, coming up next month.  Parrrrty!    Sorry about all the family drama, hope everything works out to a happy conclusion for everyone in your family.

Congrats on your good run, Ami!

You too, Ric, way to go on the miles!

Nice news from the doc for you, Phil!  Grin a lot and get biking but no 'jumping for joy' quite yet, okay?  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

Thanks everyone for the heads-up on the soy sauce.  I usually buy Tamari, but I didn't even think that some brands might have gluten in them.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

4 miles, easy pace.

I think my GPS is dead. Like completely dead. Won't turn on, won't communicate with the computer, won't charge. Nothing. WTF???!!! For what these things cost, they should last 20 years!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Did you try the hard reset?

4 miles, easy pace.

I think my GPS is dead. Like completely dead. Won't turn on, won't communicate with the computer, won't charge. Nothing. WTF???!!! For what these things cost, they should last 20 years!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Did you try the hard reset?

No, but I pried it open, put it back together and now it works. I'm one of those 'take it apart and fix it' people. Smile

Something goofy going on. I need to get some sealer/glue stuff to make sure it stays together until the next failure.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran my 7.17 miles today.  My poor legs.  There's so much fatigue in them!

Has anyone seen Pinktastic (or Pinksational, or VeryPink, I can't quite remember) in these parts lately?  Just seems like the boards have been missing her cheer.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

I ran my 7.17 miles today.  My poor legs.  There's so much fatigue in them!

Has anyone seen Pinktastic (or Pinksational, or VeryPink, I can't quite remember) in these parts lately?  Just seems like the boards have been missing her cheer.

She's on my 2013 mileage team and is very busy with "life stuff" right now, I think. I should let her know in our FB group that people are thinking of her. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Please!  Take her to come back here ASAP!

She's on my 2013 mileage team and is very busy with "life stuff" right now, I think. I should let her know in our FB group that people are thinking of her. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yeah, that'd be nice.  I think it's easy to burn out and/or feel under-appreciated on her when you try to do personals for everyone, but we did notice.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Yeah, that'd be nice.  I think it's easy to burn out and/or feel under-appreciated on her when you try to do personals for everyone, but we did notice.

She mentioned that she would be off and on for a spell.

Hip Redux

I literally was wondering this today myself too!  We miss you Pink Smile

Good gym session today.   Actually had a guy come up and ask for assistance in trying the exercise I was doing.  I never get guys asking me about lifting, maybe their egos think they can't learn anything from a chic.  Big grin  (and no, he was there with his girlfriend so I don't think he was hitting on me lol)

And I was officially released from PT today which may lead me to starting a question about post-injury training... I know y'all are on the edge of your seats here.

Hip Redux

Also - seen at the gym... a man working out in gardening gloves.   Alrighty then.   Lift and then go pull weeds, the new crossfit.