Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES, Just One More Day to Go. You Can Do It! (Read 42 times)

Good morning. I hope that all is well with everyone.

I slept in this morning. I'm taking the earlier part of my day to focus on hydrating, after fasting for more than fourteen hours yesterday. After work, I'll head to the gym to do weights, cardio, and, and push-ups.

Rock on, people.

LRB

"You Can Do It!"

lol - I am so done with this week.

Cyberic

I got a personal memo from my boss yesterday telling me the longer lunch breaks were over. My whole plan was built around the lunch time runs.

I sent an email to higher instances yesterday afternoon, and hopefully they'll make an exception so I can finish my Boston preparation correctly. I woke up at 3:30 tonight and didn't get back to sleep as i was trying to figure out how to fit in today's workout in my day.

I'll wait for their answer, by my two other choices are to take the afternoon off by pretending I'm sick, or move my workout to tomorrow as it's a holiday. Both have disadvantages. And both are one time solutions. What do I do next week?

I would not have signed up for this Spring marathon with the time I have to train with the new corporate rules. But now that I'm in, so close, I will not cut short on my training. I put way too much effort in this to not give it my best to the end.

Gotta solve this.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I took today off from work so we can have the huge bay window in the front of the house replaced.  That is the last step in finishing the new siding project.  HOORAY!!  Although, we do need to get some painting done too.

Anywho, 2000 yard swim done with the masters group this morning, and I've got a bike ride later as well.

I got a personal memo from my boss yesterday telling me the longer lunch breaks were over. My whole plan was built around the lunch time runs.

Dang, what a shitty situation to be in.  Sorry to hear that.  I feel fortunate in that my company is very supportive of the whole work/life balance thing and I get zero crap for coming in late due to swims, or leaving early for bike rides.  Just as long as the work gets done.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

How's it going all my sore legged friends?

So last night was a success.  I timed my race using MyLaps and didn't fail totally.  Well I did fail in that I sent the runners out wearing the wrong bibs, so their bibs weren't attached to any data.  After that, I just ran the real practice bibs (the ones tied to the fictitious data) across the mat, and was able to time and score results pretty effectively.  There is hope for me!

The other nice thing was I finished early enough to get 7 miles in.  I had a little confrontation on the run though.  I was back in some neighborhoods, wearing a headlamp but nothing else reflective, and this woman laid on the horn at me.  So when she turned into her driveway, I walked up and asked, "Can you tell me why it was necessary to honk at me?" I was honestly curious if she couldn't see me, or could offer something productive.  Instead, she started swearing at me and threatening to call the cops.  Good times on my runs these days!

Basya...Your ability to exercise during and around your fasts always impresses me.  I'd be worthless.

LRB...I hear ya. The fact that basketball is back on is giving me some hope.

Cyber...Good luck finding a workable solution for your runs.  Finding time to train is definitely the hardest part of trying to be competitive.  Are super early mornings or late evenings an option for you?  Another option would be run commuting, if you're not too far.  And, from last night, I think prize money only counts as "pro" if it's at least enough to buy a new pair of shoes lol.

Baboon....Enjoy the productive day off.  One house project is done, so there must another one around the corner, right??

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all, ugh I guess I shouldn't be doing to much leg strengthening still, because I am feeling it during easy runs. Especially in my hamstrings and glutes.

This morning Jetta and I ran 7.1 excruciatingly slow miles this morning, I don't think I've ran a 10:31 min/mile pace for an easy run in a long while.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

What a dick.

onemile

LRB

Dang, what a shitty situation to be in.  Sorry to hear that.  I feel fortunate in that my company is very supportive of the whole work/life balance thing and I get zero crap for coming in late due to swims, or leaving early for bike rides.  Just as long as the work gets done.

+1

I'm late everyday! (start time is 8:30 and I get to my desk around 8:30.30 ffs) Thankfully, the director of my department is in "Awe" of my dedication to this stupid sport, and working out in general so I get a pass.  My actual boss is an unstable coo-coo clock however, so even though we get to bundle our breaks into one long 90 minute break if we wanted, if I were to run everyday during that time I could certainly see it creating a problem with him or someone else.

You could have the support of one thousand people, but all it takes is one person to complain to fuck shit up.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

One company I worked for circulated a memo reminding us the office work hours were 9 - 5, threatening disciplinary action if we failed to adhere to those hours, especially by leaving early. The whole IT department laughed and ignored it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 easy miles in rainy wind.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It is the strangest thing, but I am finding it to be more taxing to run the morning after yoga, than it is the morning after I do any other direct work to my legs!

As far as your encounter, it was a full moon yesterday. My guess is she was a whack job. They've been out in droves this week!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, I might need a massage this weekend.

Onemile, I am sure Jetta would say hi back! Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It is the strangest thing, but I am finding it to be more taxing to run the morning after yoga, than it is the morning after I do any other direct work to my legs!

As far as your encounter, it was a full moon yesterday. My guess is she was a whack job. They've been out in droves this week!

I think the yoga probably creates all kinds of little muscle tears (either rips or ) that just don't happen on runs.  Also, I wonder if it's the equivalent of not doing a cool down run after a workout or race.  I always found my post-yoga runs to be very sluggish.  I skipped class altogether on race weeks.

Freesoul..I've never had a massage, but I'm starting to wonder if I should try one for my absurdly tight hamstring.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

I had a noon yoga class on Tuesday - I wonder if that contributed to my awful run Tuesday night?