Beginners and Beyond

Another fine mess SunDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

The plan was to run the Hansons' Hills in Lake Orion this morning. But I left late (which never happens), forgot my watch (which never happens), ran with my phone with a run app (which never happens), and got lost out in the sticks (which always happens)! lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 in light rain.  Let's hear it for light rain when it's hot!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

I ran 11 in light rain.  Let's hear it for light rain when it's hot!

6 very slow. 47 for the week.

Dave

Mr MattM

6 this morning.  3-4 more later.  Should end the week at 67-68 miles.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

In looking at the maps of the other two times I've run here, I see where I made my mistake this morning. I was trailing four guys and at the mile and a half mark, two went left and two kept straight. I should've gone straight (the guys that went left were running the 10 mile route, I wanted the traditional 8 mile route).

As it is, I climbed 245 feet over the first 4 miles before I had had enough and turned around. 191 of that was over a half mile stretch beginning at mile 3, which would explain why I almost turned around at mile 3.55, because I was toast!

Eventually, I am going to learn this route (in all directions!) because I really like running out there. But all things considered, today was not a bad day.

8.22 total.

I imported the run to RA from Run Keeper but it changed all the splits and gave me a completely different time and overall pace than what the phone had. Whatever. I just really needed to know the distance, everything else was irrelevant.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.6. Tried something different today given it was again humid as heck. Instead of going painfully slow, I decided to test out the run/walk function on my 220. End result, faster than my usual easy run and felt better, although still dripping with sweat. I'm not going to do this on all runs, but figure may use it for the summer to try to keep the pace up some.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian's back to waking up through the night again, wasn't able to get up early before dawn for a 10 miler so took both Dorian and Jetta at 9:40 AM for a 6 miler. It was only 75 degrees but that damn sun beating down sure doesn't help 

Hoping to get in another 4 miler this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Docket_Rocket

Hopped on the TM for 20 but at some point in time after Mile 10, the AC broke down, so the house is right now above 85F (outside it's 102F).  So, ended up doing 16 with 6 @ MP, missing 4 @ MP but still a good LR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hopped on the TM for 20 but at some point in time after Mile 10, the AC broke down, so the house is right now above 85F (outside it's 102F).  So, ended up doing 16 with 6 @ MP, missing 4 @ MP but still a good LR.

Why are you running so far ffs?

Docket_Rocket

Why are you running so far ffs?

Cause I have a marathon in two weeks?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, ugh on no AC. Ours seems to have an issue at least once a year.

Mr MattM, how was the toe?

Freesoul, glad DS enjoyed the race. At this point, it should be all about fun.

LRB

Cause I have a marathon in two weeks?

Yes, I'm an idiot.

#thereisasuchthingasastupidquestion

Docket_Rocket

LOL, LRB!

Someone came over and fixed the AC (something burned up but it was replaced).  Now to determine whether I want to run the 4 missed miles tonight or not...

Damaris

Fundraising Page