Beginners and Beyond

(Half) Marathon Mom Chases Down Bike Thief (Read 114 times)

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Trail Monster

Good for her! Just glad he wasn't armed or anything.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

TakeAHike

Am I the only one who went straight to Athlinks to find out more about the (half) marathon mom?  Her best HM is a 2:01. That is not a bad time and shows good endurance, but after reading the article I thought she might be a 1:30 runner.

Oh yeah ... and no marathons listed on Athlinks.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Will run for scenery.

Am I the only one who went straight to Athlinks to find out more about the (half) marathon mom?  Her best HM is a 2:01. That is not a bad time and shows good endurance, but after reading the article I thought she might be a 1:30 runner.

Athlinks.  Never heard of it.  Kinda creepy.  I signed up !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Rungry!

Love this story.

Jen

Philliefan33

Not a very smart bike thief.  If he had just stayed on the bike he probably could've gone faster than the woman could run.

delicate flower

Was down this morning.

<3

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Back up now...I was just on there.  I'm too lazy to look for this lady's name, though

RSX

A guy in my running club looks at that site everytime someone new joins. He lets us now when we get a fast runner. That web site is incredible, and I can't believe that it has some races I did in the 90's still there.

Walk-Jogger

Not a very smart bike thief.  If he had just stayed on the bike he probably could've gone faster than the woman could run.

Just guessing that he wasn't actually riding the bike but trying to carry or wheel it away. A loser in his 40's stealing a bike from someone's garage is almost certainly a mal-nourished drug addict and probably can't ride a bike. Also, the bike might have had clipless pedals, not easy to ride on without the special biker geek shoes.

Athlinks - love it. I stalk everyone of you on there sooner or later. I've added a few older or obscure races and results there myself a few times.

Retired &  Loving It

I read this story and just loved it. I would have loved to seen the xpression on thief as he is looking back ever so often and the woman is still following him.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

bluerun

Super B****

I did that too Joking

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

She saw a guy, told the neighbors to call 911, and proceeded to chase an un-athletic person for a MILE, when the cops caught him.

Something witty

TakeAHike

If Athlinks makes you uncomfortable, you can have your name removed or assign your races to a pseudonym.  Here is some info from their FAQ:

Q. Can I remove my name from the list of athletes?

Of course you can. Because the place values in the results database depend on your and every other result, we simply obscure your results by changing your name to “Unknown Racer” – which keeps the age and gender information in tact so that the results placings remain unchanged and true.

Q. I want to be able to manage and track my results, but I don’t want my name in the search engines and/or I do not want others to be able to contact me.

No problem. The most common solution that our members have taken for this is to simply use an Alias (like RunnerMan or UKTriGuy) for their display name. This will effectively hide your name from other members as well as search engines.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

MrNamtor

I love how she was trying to get the guy to talk about his feelings. Like, uh, I'm feeling like i wish i were in better shape so i could get away from you and just have a free bicycle.