Beginners and Beyond

Year's Last SaturDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

3½ miles for me today in a moderate fog (we're expecting rain later).  I don't know what to expect from myself in the 5k tomorrow as my running performance has been up and down lately, but I can at least try to have fun.  The race doesn't start until noon, so at least I won't have to run on short rest.

Happy New Year to all posters and readers here and best wishes for your running, and everything else, in 2023.

Frederick

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 6 later. So sore from yesterday, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

10 solid track miles done.

We'll need a year in review thread.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 minutes on the treadmill + shoulders & core.

sdWhiskers

10 miles with RP in La Jolla. Which means gorgeous ocean views, sea lions, seals and a surf competition in progress. A nice run to end the year.

1849 miles for the year. Not too bad considering the first 3 months of 2022 were a disaster.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

8.5 miles on the tm. In hindsight I could have run them out doors but overnight I heard all the pouring rain so I decided on the tm and watched some House of the Dragon. I'm so behind on that series.

This mileage completes my revised 2022 mileage goal. Just barely. 0.3 miles over goal.   I hope for next year that if I have to revise my goal that it is upward vs downward.

Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

I imagine this is not what wolvmar was expecting to watch. DH went downstairs to watch in disgust and I assume to yell at the TV in private.

delicate flower

I imagine this is not what wolvmar was expecting to watch. DH went downstairs to watch in disgust and I assume to yell at the TV in private.

I have no horse in this race and just want to see a good game.

Wife and I had pho for dinner.  Well, she had pho and I had a noodle bowl.  We were supposed to go to VT for the weekend but the dog was hacking and sneezing all night.  The vet says she has something and is probably contagions, so best to stay home this weekend.  That's fine but we've got the Dopey trip in three days and need to figure out what to do about the dog if the sitter won't take her (there are other dogs in that house).  Hopefully we can find someone to take her or DW will do Dopey without me. 

<3

15 miles with the group.

1849 2430 miles for the year. Not too bad considering the first 3 months of 2022 were a disaster.

Dave

delicate flower

TCU vs Michigan:

<3

sdWhiskers

Wife and I had pho for dinner.  Well, she had pho and I had a noodle bowl.  We were supposed to go to VT for the weekend but the dog was hacking and sneezing all night.  The vet says she has something and is probably contagions, so best to stay home this weekend.  That's fine but we've got the Dopey trip in three days and need to figure out what to do about the dog if the sitter won't take her (there are other dogs in that house).  Hopefully we can find someone to take her or DW will do Dopey without me. 

Bummer. I've never had a dog and didn't really know they got colds like that.

sdWhiskers

TCU vs Michigan:

Holy smokes! Looks like a basketball score.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

TCU vs Michigan:

Current score 51-45. The O/U was 56.  Someone missed the mark by a long shot.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

If OSU pulls off the win. DH had already decided the national championship is BS.

Baboon,  hope the pup gets better soon.

sdWhiskers

Oh Big Ten.