Beginners and Beyond

No humping this time Thursdailies (Read 50 times)

Hip Redux

Y'all know what to do.

Smile

Will run for scenery.

Hump, hump, hump.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

No humping!

It looks like the walk I planned for this morning is going to happen in the rain.  I am all ready to go, just staring out the window at the wetness.   Trying to convince myself it's still worth it. lol

delicate flower

Gefilte farfel yarmulke New Year to all you Jewish and non-Jewish runners alike!  Today also marks the start of the NFL season.  Football, glorious football.  I shall celebrate both occasions with a post-work run in the 7-8 easy miles category.

Speaking of runs, 8.3 at 8:33 pace last night.  Easy effort.  9:00 pace is my new 10:00 pace.

How 'bout those Red Sox?

<3

Hip Redux

I got soaked.  Oh well.   Morning walk done, off to work!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

I'm slightly excited that football starts today. It's great that I can watch football, but then I get to hear DW comment about how mindless the masses are for watching it, and how it's just a diversion from the real things happening in life. Oh well, ignorance is bliss I guess. Smile I was able to complete my Pace run this morning, 6 Miles @ 8:29 pace, which is GMP -6, so just a tad fast.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Humpity Humpity Morning!

13 miles done this morning.  I was nauseous and didn't know why.  Then, I saw the weather.  If I ran through that, yes, I have a right to call myself bad ass.Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  The track workout last night was a ton of fun!  It was 4 x 1000 @T pace w/ 3 minute recoveries, and 6 x 200 @R pace with 200m recoveries.  Since most of the miles were tempo miles, I didn't cut the workout short.  But I did go with 400m recoveries for the 200s.  That probably did a lot for keeping those enjoyable. Smile  My RP from last week was there again and ran the whole thing with me, which was also a bonus!

My 1000 target was 5:15.  I ran them in 5:18, 5:15, 5:16, 5:15.

The 200 target was 0:55.  I ran them in :52, :54, :54, :55, :56, :53.

I think I like this track workout business so far!  Maybe that's just because there weren't any 800s tonight. :P  Tonight I will probably run about 5 easy.

Öski- Good job getting out there in the rain!

Phil- 9 is the new 10, hehe!

Andrew- Good job on the pace run!

BA.D.- You are one BA runner this morning!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thursday!  This morning I ran at Fort Sam Houston.  Got 3.3 miles in on another cooler morning for us, only 72 degrees, and low dew point, very nice.   I guess Mother Nature is giving San Antonio somewhat of a break with these cool mornings, as we are still hitting the 100-degree mark in the afternoons.  Made it to 101 actual temp yesterday and today's predicted high is 100.  For this summer we now have had FORTY days where it was 100 or above 100.   The run was nice.  They gym was bad.  Hadn't been to the Fort Sam gym for a while since I've been using the YMCAs and the university gym.  I'd forgotten how in the early a.m.  most of the soldiers are using the gym too, doing their exercises, fitness tests, etc.  CROWDED, hard to find an open gym locker,  and post-run had to wait a while for a shower to get free..and pretty warm as the locker room only has ceiling fans.   Guess the YMCA has spoiled me, lol.

Today is Sep 5!  The start of Rosh Hoshana this year for our Jewish friends, if I remember correctly.  Other holidays for today are National Cheese Pizza Day - a food I LIKE!; Be Late For Something Day; Gas Pump Day - the first one was installed in 1885 in Fort Wayne, Indiana - and also today, Muhammad Ali won the gold medal in boxing in the 1960 Olympics, light heavyweight division.

KEYWORD1  2007-07-15  driving  car  cars  directions  movies  movie  rocky  rocky balboa

KEYWORD1  2005-06-26  busy  busy bee  busy bees  busier  beaver  beavers  mammal  mammals

boxing cartoons, boxing cartoon, boxing picture, boxing pictures, boxing image, boxing images, boxing illustration, boxing illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I had planned to go to my strength training class today, but my quads are still screaming about Tuesday's class. Revised plan: Long walk and lots of stretching.

And yesterday I was in "race registration" mode: Sent in the registrations for a 5k, a half-marathon and a 6-hour run, all later this month. The 5k and 6-hr are on the same day, the 5k at 8:30, the 6-hour starts at 10. And I'm contemplating adding in a 2ish-mile fun run in the dark through a corn maze the night before those two. Cool

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

8 miles done this morning, loving the cooler weather, 61*, 57* dewpoint! First time the dewpoint has been in the 50s in some time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

That is great, Shari.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 miles today. Another nice run.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As much core training as I can throw in today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi dailies!

Tonight is our weekly FREE BEER run. Hooray! It comes in around 3 miles. I always do this as a fun run, so I never take my watch. It's a decent little workout though because the route is almost all hills.

I hope everyone has a great day!