Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #263 (Read 24 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Almost 1:00 PM ET and no Dailies?  Must be some very long weekend runs for some of you.  Perfect weather for a long run today, about 52F at the start and still only 57F when I finished 2:20 later.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm still recovering from my 20 miler, had to fix breakfast when I got back, soak in a hot tub and then went to the store. Eating chili now, seriously need a nap before I gotta go to a baby shower at 4 pm.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day, but spent time lugging boxes of books up a hill from MIL's basement .

sdWhiskers

12.4 miles

Did my virtual 4 x 5k. Ran one of the 5ks at 10k pace and that was fast enough, oof. Last few miles were a slog. And its 80 degrees.

Beach for next few hours.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was 47° during my run, I wore shorts and tank, felt great except one tiny thing.... I wish I had worn some gloves 🤦

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Woah. Got some rain and the AQI miraculously plunged into the green zone overnight. 8.7 miles. Hammies still feeling tight, pretty much throughout the run. Not so much painful, just annoying.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I ran 6.04 miles on the race course and my knee was bugging me so I left. Ran a bit with Mary but I was going too slow so I let her go. It was fun to do a race but at the same time I was a bit stressed about it. Not sure if I'm going to run the race tomorrow. The knee has been bugging me all week since I tweaked it, so I should rest tomorrow and sleep since I have not slept for two nights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

3.5 hour hike which sufficiently tired me out enough that I will not be running today.

<3

Off but did do a wife walk around Accotink.  Inside right ham grumpy most of the way but right around fine.  I thought I was explaining my recent cockamamie-ness: ‘when trying  to loosen up one thing it can loosen up all sorts stuff that you didn’t even know about’.  
                    Let me preface it by saying this is good thing 😀 ...it just didn’t seem like it at the time.

A couple weeks Ago  I developed some soreness in the general area of the tailbone while I was trying to fix the right quad and I figured it was just part of loosening up.... sore when sitting only, but not when walking.  Then 12:30 AM Monday morning got cramp running from the groin down the inside hamstrings, down the calves and all the way to the pads of the big toes.... cramps down both legs at the same time.   

The left leg cramp wasn’t too bad and only lasted about 20 seconds, but  the right leg cramp was fierce and lasted two minutes or more and I screamed bloody murder.  Next few days right ham was sore and had groin weirdness.  So the short of it is I need to loosen up the whole right hip, groin and low back thing.  this is good thing 😀 ...it just didn’t seem like it at the time.

1. hopefully a test run tomorrow before work.
                    Cyberic

KCRuns

I got 10 miles on the lakefront this morning. It was chilly, so I pulled out a lightweight long sleeve to wear with my skirt. It was a good choice.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think I set a new Garmin record for me today.  It said I needed 61 hours of recovery after my run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I think I set a new Garmin record for me today.  It said I needed 61 hours of recovery after my run.

I get those ridiculous recovery times once or twice a month. What it doesn't tell you is you'll feel worse after taking off that long. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mine went crazyy this past week and I think it said I needed 80 hours. Looking at the run, I think I had cadence lock during some intervals. The watch also totally froze after Thursday's run, had to turn it off. The yesterday it said I was at a 7:45 pace when walking It better have all this BS out of the way for my race tomorrow.

Fortunately I have an old-school Garmin that doesn’t give me any of that BS. I think it determines my distance with a compass and sextant.

Dave