Beginners and Beyond

Cicada Wednesday Dailies (Read 21 times)

sdWhiskers

Asthma follow up was today. 79-81% on the test, which might explain why I have been racing well. Glad to see that than my normal 50-60%!

Stopping the allergy shots seems to have been the right move!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stopping the allergy shots seems to have been the right move!

I agree. She is trying to convince me to go back on them but I am like nope. I'm good right now.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A lot of no-hitters this year already.

Did you read about this one last month?  About as perfect as you can get.

https://www.mlb.com/news/pitcher-strikes-out-every-batter-in-perfect-game

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Too many. Far less exciting when one happens every week.

Yeah, it's very cool when they happen, but should be sufficiently rare.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Asthma follow up was today. 79-81% on the test, which might explain why I have been racing well. Glad to see that than my normal 50-60%!

Wonderful news!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I thought too much offense was destroying the sport?  Or the designated hitter?  Or games being too long?  Or outrageous contracts?

You'll notice MLB talks about speeding up the pace of the game, not about making the games shorter.  Shorter games would leave less time for advertisements.  The big contracts don't bother me in and of themselves - the money is there and all things considered I'd rather the players get the money than the owners keep it.  It's all about the money, and as long as we buy tickets, memorabilia, TV subscriptions, and anything advertised during ball games, the money will stay there.  Even people who don't follow baseball (or other sports) pay for it because every many of the products they buy includes the cost of advertising, and some of that goes to sports.

sdWhiskers

You'll notice MLB talks about speeding up the pace of the game, not about making the games shorter.  Shorter games would leave less time for advertisements.  The big contracts don't bother me in and of themselves - the money is there and all things considered I'd rather the players get the money than the owners keep it.  It's all about the money, and as long as we buy tickets, memorabilia, TV subscriptions, and anything advertised during ball games, the money will stay there.  Even people who don't follow baseball (or other sports) pay for it because every product they buy includes the cost of advertising, and some of that goes to sports.

Even the mound has a freaking ad on it now.

delicate flower

Even the mound has a freaking ad on it now.

I frikkin hate that.

<3

At least American team sports has yet to go to the extent of the Euros, and have sponsor logos on their uniforms.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

At least American team sports has yet to go to the extent of the Euros, and have sponsor logos on their uniforms.

Have you seen any NBA games lately?  Nike swoosh on one shoulder, another ad on the other shoulder.  Not as nearly egregious as European soccer, I agree, but it's a start.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So you haven't watched Nascar?

Last year's hockey seemed to do even more ads via virtual ones. Empty seats, ads. Even though they were using single venues, the ads got switched based on the teams.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Last year's hockey seemed to do even more ads via virtual ones. Empty seats, ads. Even though they were using single venues, the ads got switched based on the teams.

A friend of mine described Nascar as billboards turning left at 180 mph.

sdWhiskers

No, lol

You will notice I specified team sports, for that reason. 

Although the direct answer to the question is “no.”

Dave