Beginners and Beyond

2 Unlimited TuesDAILIES (Read 48 times)

flarunner

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

"Y'all ready for this?"

Mornin'!

Did 8 miles with 4 at tempo. Or rather I tried what with the heat and humidity.  Well, that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Have a great day everyone!

delicate flower

Why hello there, Tuesday runners!  It's looking like a quiet day here in the office which is certainly a welcome development.  I've got a legs workout and an elliptical machine calling my name after work.

I'm still feeling good about my run yesterday.  8.2 miles at 9:08 pace, for those of you who don't check the evening dailies.  That was over a minute faster per mile than my other recent outdoor runs.  I'm very encouraged by that.  It was good effort and my knee feels just fine this morning.  I ran along this past weekend's HM route and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of gel wrappers and debris on the ground.  You couldn't tell there was a race.

Well, I'm off to find some work to do.  Have a great day!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have some miles and weights if I have time.  Part of the run is with hubby so that might take longer than I have to give.  Ha.

flarunner, nice 8 with tempo.

Phil, nice 8!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning all!

Fla, nice one!

Baboon, better get another good run in soon, so you don't have to keep reporting that 8.2. Wink

Docket, be patient with your RP! Wish I could get my DW to run.

6.43 miles at 8:50 this morning. Can't complain about the heat, it was 46.

My turn for an anniversary today, 19 wonderful years. DW was coming downstairs as I was going out, we both forgot to say anything. I guess that's what happens when you get to 19.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Happy anniversary, Dave!

And to Babboon and MBC, since I forgot to add that yesterday!

I put in 5.4 miles this morning, about half in a light rain. Thankfully there was no lightning! And I got to use my new 210. I think I am going to like it - it fits my wrist much better than the 205 did.

And now I am making a public statement that I need to improve my discipline in two areas:

1) Eating. I either get control of my eating and start losing weight instead of gaining, or I have to buy new clothes. Back to MyFitnessPal today.

2) Getting to bed on time. With transitioning back to early morning runs and an alarm that will be going off between 4 and 4:30 every day, I have to get to bed by 9, or I will pay the price down the road.

Speaking of down the road, I think I have settled on using Pfitzinger's 12/55 plan for Marquette, with paces shooting for around a 4-hour finish. I don't think I have time to build for a BQ attempt, especially since there could be a couple weeks in the summer where finding training time will be difficult between DH's travels and a trip that I will be taking with just DS. So, Marquette will be another state, another training cycle to reintroduce speedwork, and another dress rehearsal for things like fueling and hydration. If all is good, I'll see if I can pinpoint a spring race for a BQ attempt.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Baboon, better get another good run in soon, so you don't have to keep reporting that 8.2. Wink

Hey, cut me some slack.  I went nearly five months being unable to report a decent run.

<3

Good morning, people. I hope that y'all feel more awake than I.

flarunner, great job doing eight miles in your muggy weather.

Phil, have fun working.

Damaris, enjoy running and lifting.

DaveP MI, sweet 6.43. Happy Anniversary to you and DW.

Shari, fantastic 5.4.

I slept more than I'd wanted, so I barely had time for the 7.0 in 1:08:35 (9:48) pace that I did. You know what that means. I'll chase weight training tonight with a LR. Because you know that I can't stand to leave a goal unmet.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

About 4 miles after work today, probably throw in some hills.   Temp is cooperating nicely for an after work run, only 91 degrees at 5 pm with the 'feels like' temp at only 93, so not bad at all for Texas.  Even the humidity and dewpoint seems to be cooperating for me, with those at 51% and 63.

FINALLY got the word yesterday from Arlington Cemetery that the date for my mother's ashes to be interred with my Dad's is June 17.  My mom died in December and because of the backlog at the cemetery, we've been waiting this long to get a date.   Me, being past military, I understand about the situation at Arlington, e.g., what the priorities are, how busy those folks are, etc. so I've been okay with it, just patiently waiting, but my sister has really been a basket-case about it all, so this will finally give her some closure, thank goodness. So that weekend I will be making a whirlwind trip - fly up Sunday morning, fly back Monday night -  up to DC for the ceremony, see some family, etc.  It would be nice to stay longer, but my co-worker is still recovering from her stroke, so I'm pretty much 'it' as the only full-time researcher in my office, so I have to get back.  Dang, those airlines have a racket going, don't they?  Even with discounted fare, it is still pretty darn expensive to fly from Texas to DC!   If I had longer, I'd just drive..I figured it out, and if I had time to drive I would actually pay less in gas fees and overnight stays at motels than the airline tickets cost, sheesh.

Congrats on the miles, flarunner.  It's only going to get worse for a while, unfortunately.  Your weather and mine...and Damaris' and SheCan's too, since we all live in 'hot weather' states. My temps are actually pretty mild right now, all things considered, but next week our temps every day will be close to the 100-degreee mark!  Sounds like a lot of morning running is in store for me next week!

Good luck with your workout today, Baboon. Way to go on your comeback progress!

What, Damaris, Hubby doesn't run your speed yet?  Wink  Well, just 'kick back' and enjoy the time with him.   Good luck to you and to him.

46!  Dang, Dave, that is downright cold in some parts of the country!  Like where I live.   Happy 19th anniversary!

Congrats on your miles, Step.  Enjoy the 210.  Yeah, I hear you, I need to improve in those 2 areas also.  I say that publicly too...but it doesn't help me, lol.  I really suck at disciplining myself in some areas.

Dang, Basya, isn't 7 miles a long run?  That's almost twice what my current 'long run' is now, lol.    Can't stand to leave a goal unmet.  Umm, that can be both a good thing or a bad thing...you are either VERY disciplined with your training....or slightly obsessive compulsive. Joking  Of course, I think ALL we runners are slightly obsessive compulsive, lol, when it comes to our running.  Good luck with your LR tonite.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Happy Anniversary, Dave.

I don't mind DH's speed.  Just that it takes longer to finish his workout and then sometimes I have to cut mine short because I run out of time.  We're going to have to reassess when marathon training starts because if I cut a workout or don't do mine as indicated, my coach might kill me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp peeps, speed work is done!

2 X 1200 @ 10k pace - 6:51 average

2 X 1000 @ 5k pace - 6:23 average

2 X 800 @ mile pace - 6:01 average

7.8 miles total with warm up, recoveries, and cool down and a kick ass way to start the day!

This summer is moving right along, take care to smell the flowers!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Happy Anniversary, Dave!

6-7 miles for me tonight. I think I'm going to attempt my speedwork today since the weather is going to be fabulous. 3-4 1-mile repeats. Will probably just be 3.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day.  Acupuncture at 10 am for my hip to make sure it is all good to go.  I hope so.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  3-5 today at the track, depending on how the knee feels.

Phil- Nice run!  I'm glad you are able to adjust so nicely depending on how you feel.

DaveP- Happy anniversary!

LRB- Nice workout!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning everyone.  Track work morning for me today:  6x300m (60, 59, 59, 56, 57, 57) + 4x100m strides.  Recoveries for the 300s were about a 1:20 jog, and the strides were walk backs.  The pacing was supposed to be at 85-90%, which is a little tricky to estimate, but I feel like I did them okay.  Total mileage was 6.29 miles with easy miles to and from track.

Hope you all have some great miles.  Busy day for me today - will try to catch up later.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn