Beginners and Beyond

The Day After Dailies (Read 46 times)

Hip Redux

I just want to say that spectating is hard work and I'm exhausted.  

Good job to Phil and DaveP and to all you other Boston folks!  And now enjoy all the post-Boston glory.

I will run hills tonight with the crew and then head out for ice cream afterwards.

Back to lurking!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 chilly miles.  it's supposed to rain most of Friday, saturday, and Sunday, so I'm saving my run days for then.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I would have loved to take today off from work, yet here I am back at work, feeling like I got hit by a truck.  I got sunburn yesterday to go along with all of the other pain.  Frikkin sunburn!!  Sleep last night was spotty at best.  I woke up in pain like every hour, and I was soaked in sweat.

<3

LRB

Back to lurking!

Not so fast, Casper. How'd Mista do? And how's your hip, or was it groin?

Hip Redux

Not so fast, Casper. How'd Mista do? And how's your hip, or was it groin?

Mr Oski joined the ranks of Boston "never again"  - 70s and sunny his first year, 37 and rain last year - he didn't exactly have an enjoyable time with it :P

It was my hip but with a lot of groin pain.  Doing pretty good, all things considered!

delicate flower

I just want to say that spectating is hard work and I'm exhausted.  

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you, DW, and the crew being there yesterday.  It was nice seeing you guys on the course and at the finish, and it was nice not having to do any thinking after the race and I could just shuffle along.

<3

LRB

I ran 5.5. They were SLOW. After a few days of light legs, heavy came back. lol

LRB

Mr Oski joined the ranks of Boston "never again"  - 70s and sunny his first year, 37 and rain last year - he didn't exactly have an enjoyable time with it :P

It was my hip but with a lot of groin pain.  Doing pretty good, all things considered!

Okay, so I had it right.  Good to hear.

I loved the "never again" club so much, that I bought the company. lol

Let’s just say that that if there was any thought prior to yesterday whether I would run the day after Boston, there is certainly zero thought of that right now. Legs are trashed. Streak comes to an end at 220 days. I did sleep like a rock last night, from about midnight to 7:00. It felf like I took an Ambien.

Dave

delicate flower

Did you guys see that marine who crawled across the finish line yesterday?  That's a cute story and all but the real takeaway here is that is ME running in the background in this screen shot.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had a hard time dragging my ass out of bed this morning, but Jetta and I got in a good 7.2 mile run.

I read a briefing from my phone last night, the cathedral is not destroyed, they were able to stop the fire, but from the looks of it, the roof and the spire are most certainly gone.

http://www.14news.com/2019/04/16/with-fire-extinguished-attention-turns-notre-dames-future/

Some good news here, two French billionaires pledge a total of  300 million euros to help rebuild the historical monument. They are also starting a worldwide fundraiser for those who wish to help fund it.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/french-billionaires-pledge-300-million-euros-to-help-rebuild-notre-dame/507-f9844850-d76a-4af7-8623-a58b2bc4066d

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Did you guys see that marine who crawled across the finish line yesterday?  That's a cute story and all but the real takeaway here is that is ME running in the background in this screen shot.

Rumor has it he was crawling because you kicked him just before the finishing chute...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I had a hard time dragging my ass out of bed this morning, but Jetta and I got in a good 7.2 mile run.

I read a briefing from my phone last night, the cathedral is not destroyed, they were able to stop the fire, but from the looks of it, the roof and the spire are most certainly gone.

http://www.14news.com/2019/04/16/with-fire-extinguished-attention-turns-notre-dames-future/

Some good news here, two French billionaires pledge a total of  300 million euros to help rebuild the historical monument. They are also starting a worldwide fundraiser for those who wish to help fund it.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/french-billionaires-pledge-300-million-euros-to-help-rebuild-notre-dame/507-f9844850-d76a-4af7-8623-a58b2bc4066d

The collapsed and burned on live TV, so that's a very sure guess they are gone.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The collapsed and burned on live TV, so that's a very sure guess they are gone.

Yeah, it's sad but I hope they can restore the cathedral. I was hoping to one day see it in person.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)