Beginners and Beyond

Runner Sexually Assaulted on Running Trail in Avon (Read 62 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Avon-Incident-Stony-Corners-Road-Police-Assault-Police-309898041.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CTBrand

And in broad daylight, on a pathway that many there consider or used to consider safe. Now it's tainted with this awful attack on a fellow runner, and it definitely strike a nerve with me and reminds me to be extra cautious and aware of my surroundings when out running

Why can't assholes like this just fall through a crack in the Earth and die?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dad on the run.

"According" to society today It's not the assailants fault. The runner "must" have been wearing inappropriate clothing or was doing something else "inviting" that would cause her to be attacked. How dare you say anything to the extent that they should be punished! That's heresy...

/end EXTREME sarcasm

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Avon-Incident-Stony-Corners-Road-Police-Assault-Police-309898041.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CTBrand

And in broad daylight, on a pathway that many there consider or used to consider safe. Now it's tainted with this awful attack on a fellow runner, and it definitely strike a nerve with me and reminds me to be extra cautious and aware of my surroundings when out running

Why can't assholes like this just fall through a crack in the Earth and die?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

"According" to society today It's not the assailants fault. The runner "must" have been wearing inappropriate clothing or was doing something else "inviting" that would cause her to be attacked. How dare you say anything to the extent that they should be punished! That's heresy...

/end EXTREME sarcasm

Thankfully I knew you were being sarcastic  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

delicate flower

This is the rail trail that I run on 4-5 times a week.  It's a couple miles from my house.  The local running and triathlon communities are pretty rattled about this, especially since a woman was killed in a knife attack less than a year ago.  This is supposedly an affluent, relatively crime free area.  Not the kind of stuff we're used to around here.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My area used to be pretty safe up until about 3 years or so ago,  now I hear about gunshots every morning and knife stabbings and whatnot. Luckily it hasn't come into Chandler but is still in Evansville, though it's moved from the South side up into the North and East side of the city.

PRs