Beginners and Beyond

Saturated Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Taking the 3 animals for a hike in a little bit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello!  I've postponed my LR to tomorrow.  I ran four miles this morning and it felt like I was pulling a sled.  18 just wasn't going to happen.  Technically it is scheduled for tomorrow anyway, but I was hoping to just get it out of the way today.  No big deal.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 miles in the saturation.  The rain had just moved out, but there was plenty of standing water, thick fog, and enough wind to make it nasty.  It was slightly above freezing, so I still managed to like it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Just 15 mins of easy backstroke kick and up-side-down breaststroke kick in the hot tub.

Left ham still cranky during backstroke kick😐

The Day After the ham feel fine doing the hot tub warmup I’ll try a test run.

LRB

I woke up to daylight (7:15). That was the weirdest shit ever. It's been months since that's happened.

Anyway, I'm currently dealing with a severe case of the blahs. It grey and dank out. I don't know what I want to run, where to run it, or how to run it. I need to find some motivation...

workinprogress11

Late night 3.5 miles on the treadmill last night.

Damaris - I saw you’re doing Glass City. What inspired that? I planned on running it one year when I was in Detroit, but got injured and bailed. For me it was super close, but otherwise I would not expect Toledo to be a destination race city.

Dave

onemile

I ran 16 with the boys. Legs were feeling last night's workout 

Docket_Rocket

Damaris - I saw you’re doing Glass City. What inspired that? I planned on running it one year when I was in Detroit, but got injured and bailed. For me it was super close, but otherwise I would not expect Toledo to be a destination race city.

A friend of mine from the Women's Forum is getting married and lots of us are coming in to run the half or the full.  It's her bachelorette party.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I ran 16 with the boys. Legs were feeling last night's workout 

I was wondering how that was going to go...I was a little concerned you planned your LR today after that. Of course, Pfitz used to have me race a 10k on Saturday and run 18 on Sunday. 

Dave

onemile

I was wondering how that was going to go...I was a little concerned you planned your LR today after that. Of course, Pfitz used to have me race a 10k on Saturday and run 18 on Sunday. 

My long run was supposed to be Sunday but one of the guys usually works on Sunday so it was suck it up and do it back to back or suck it up and run alone.  But I also have plans for Sunday that will make fitting in a long run tough.

I survived but my legs were pretty beat in the 2nd half

My long run was supposed to be Sunday but one of the guys usually works on Sunday so it was suck it up and do it back to back or suck it up and run alone.  But I also have plans for Sunday that will make fitting in a long run tough.

I survived but my legs were pretty beat in the 2nd half

Your pace doesn’t show it. That was pretty speedy, especially at 12 degrees.

Dave

onemile

Your pace doesn’t show it. That was pretty speedy, especially at 12 degrees.

I would have gladly run slower on my own for sure.  As it is, they were already slowing down for me so I didn't want to hold them up too much.

Cyberic

Ran 29.99 km. Seemed silly to run past my house for 30 feet, then turn around. What would the neighbors think?

I can handle the cold, the snow, but I've had it with icy surfaces. It seems like every week or every other week, usually after a good snow fall (12 inches this time), it starts to rain while the temps drop. I'm also sick of running with screws and cleats, so I went Bambi on ice today