Beginners and Beyond

Just A Hot Penguin Weekendaileeys'ssss (Read 10 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

A 5k in the park nearby this morning. Already 80, 71, 76 this morning.

PADRunner

Today was a Raceaversary. The Mid-Year Muse was my first race and first 5k 4 years ago.

6/30/2012 37:32
        6/25/2016 31:28

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 7-8 miles coming up soon.

PAD Runner, congrats and happy runniversary.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD!

Have a good run, D!

I ran 8 yesterday, which is the farthest I've run in a couple of months, then went right back out and walked 4.5 with the dogs.  So today was an easy 4 mile run with the dogs.  The river was full of a bunch of rugby players who were up for a tournament- so fit young guys in their underwear.  Zoe made friends with one of them who had a stick.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 on the bike path this morning when DP was only 60*.  Glad we went "early".  Rest of the day spent on the deck with occasional cool downs inside.  Group run tomorrow morning if its not T-storming.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

5 easy miles yesterday, 15 at 8:40 pace today. I am showered and rehydrated and had first breakfast, next on the agenda is a nap!

Zelanie

Lauren, rock on!

Hi, Jerry!

I ran 6 today- 2 without the dogs and 4 with them.  It was hotter than yesterday, except for the lack of rugby players at the dog beach.

Docket_Rocket

Evening. 10 with 6 at HMP done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 this morning with the Sunday running group. Poured the first 0.1 mile then sweated the next 4.9.