Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 39 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep

Marjorie

LRB

What up doe!

I am headed out for 6.  It is currently 48 degrees. 

Cyberic

Rest day for me. Don't know if it's URD or SRD... I figured I'd figure the difference out eventually, but I haven't. But, I'm thinking to myself... what's wrong with writing the whole words? At my age, looking cool is not my major priority anymore

Cyberic

Unless it's unscheduled rest day and scheduled rest day? That would make sense.

happylily

Unless it's unscheduled rest day and scheduled rest day? That would make sense.

Eric!!!!  Yes, it's scheduled and unscheduled!!!! Don't become the Canadian version of FreeSoul.  

14 miles with some complicated progression crap. I might just run the whole thing at GMP (that's goal marathon pace for the uncool), with the last two at HMP and 10k pace (how the hell will I be able to pull that?)

Friday! Woohoo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5 and weights tonight.  I also have a deposition all day so I get to evade the bitch at work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am going to ignore that Lily 

Rocky and I got 6 miles done, it was an amazing 57 degrees along with a breeze. This kind of weather brings back memories of my girl Molly, she loved the cooler/cold temps so much 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I am going to ignore that Lily 

Rocky and I got 6 miles done, it was an amazing 57 degrees along with a breeze. This kind of weather brings back memories of my girl Molly, she loved the cooler/cold temps so much 

Here's a big hug for you. And let me say that you are pretty and you kick ass with your marathon training. Does that make me earn some points? 

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, all!

Still running, and made it back to my strength training classes this week=sore muscles.

And despite the fact that I am NOT running a fall marathon, I have been talked into running a 20-miler today to help a friend get through hers. Then tonight, she and I and a couple of other friends are taking our sons (4 moms, 7 boys between the ages of 7 and 12) to a nighttime run through a corn maze. That should be ... interesting.

Have a great day, everyone!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

What do you say there, Dicks and Janes!  Happy Friday!  I got up early this morning and ran five easy miles before the sun came up.  And what a lovely morning it was.  54 degrees and no humidity.  I believe we have officially entered the best time of year to run.  The next 12 weeks will be fun.  Smile

Half marathon tomorrow.  Legs, don't be jerks.

<3

happylily

Hello, all!

Still running, and made it back to my strength training classes this week=sore muscles.

And despite the fact that I am NOT running a fall marathon, I have been talked into running a 20-miler today to help a friend get through hers. Then tonight, she and I and a couple of other friends are taking our sons (4 moms, 7 boys between the ages of 7 and 12) to a nighttime run through a corn maze. That should be ... interesting.

Have a great day, everyone!

Sounds like a crazy, but very fun day! Good luck to your legs and sanity, Step! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me and will pick up my packets for my races this weekend - one on Saturday, one on Sunday.  97 degrees today - our last 'high 90's' for a bit - that 'cold front' that PAD and Sly in North Texas are already experiencing will be down in our area by tomorrow.  High tomorrow of only 78, sweet.  Next week, highs in the upper 80s, low 90s.....sweet again!

48 degrees! That is a bit TOO cold, LRB, for this warm-weather South Texan.  Mid-50s would be about just right for me for a low.

Yeah, Cy, URD and SRD kinda sound like some type of STD....

Sorry, Lilly, about the complicated progression 'crap'....hope you had toilet paper for that!

Good luck with the deposition, Damaris.  Glad you get to avoid the crazy lady.  Star Wars had Darth Vader, we at the forum here have Bitch Evader....

57 degrees, nice, FreeSoul!    You will see Molly again.  Hopefully not soon, though.  Meanwhile, she's yours and Rocky's guardian angel-dog now.

photo angeldog_zpsf252ae1a.jpg

A 20-mile run, Step, and then you're going to run through a corn-maze after that?  You are hard-core!  Careful tonight and keep a look-out for "Children Of The Corn."

Good luck with the half tomorrow, Baboon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Here's a big hug for you. And let me say that you are pretty and you kick ass with your marathon training. Does that make me earn some points? 

Possibly.........

Thanks Scotty, I know I will see her again, I hope she is having fun wherever that rainbow bridge is.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

What do you say there, Dicks and Janes!  Happy Friday!  I got up early this morning and ran five easy miles before the sun came up.  And what a lovely morning it was.  54 degrees and no humidity.  I believe we have officially entered the best time of year to run.  The next 12 weeks will be fun.  Smile

Half marathon tomorrow.  Legs, don't be jerks.

KILL IT. KILL IT DEAD.

Up plenty early here, 4AM, for 8 refreshing easy miles.

Dave

Zelanie

New discovery about running: starting at a slower pace will lead to a faster run overall. 

Anyway, I've felt like I've been struggling to hold pace on my marathon pace runs, so yesterday, I decided to let go of my 4 hour goal, run 10 sec slower/mile, and just see how it felt.  It was also my first 10-mile MP run of the plan (13 miles total with warmup and cooldown).  So, the goal was to start at a 9:20 pace and try to stay consistent through all 10.  Instead, here's what happened:

9:19 ("OMG how am I ever going to finish a marathon at any pace?  I should totally DNS")

9:17

9:19 ("This pace is GREAT!  Who needs 4-hours anyway?")

9:20

9:18 (Getting hard to not accidentally run too fast)

9:08 ("OK, I am just going to let my legs go to my "old" GMP if they want.")

9:07

At this point, it was getting dark, but I decided not to swing by my house and pick up the headlamp I had left on the porch.  For one thing, I was in a groove and didn't want to stop.  Also, I was on the roads anyways, and had good footing.  Besides, it would be good to just maintain even effort and only check my watch in the streetlights, right?  And whatever happens to my pace is whatever happens.

9:01

8:56

8:56 

Overall pace- 9:10 on the nose!