Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #235 (Read 24 times)

1.5 warmup then 5.3 wife walk at accotink.

it was nice to see two High school xc teams finishing training runs even though xc is cancelled. Maybe 30 boys and girls.  Normal August it wouldn’t be unusual to see 4-5 teams at the Wakefield Park start point for accotink

onemile

I ran 12 with the Saturday group. I felt really rough and am supposed to run a workout tomorrow so I let URP and DBRP run ahead and I hung back with 2 older slower runners for the first half. My hamstring / hip was hurting (started up during my Thursday workout) but loosened up after like 5 miles. Then DB returned without URP who had a bathroom emergency which was pretty extreme and caused him to go home after 8 miles (somehow he got poop on his socks even and had to throw away his compression shorts ) . So I ran the last 4 miles with DB who wasn't too bad today.

I was supposed to run 16 though. Maybe I can run more later but I don't know. With the heat and hip/ hamstring I had enough to get through the 12

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 7 and weights. We lost power an hour ago (along with 4K other customers). Apparently there was an accident that ran over some power lines, sigh. Estimated time is 3pm. Fortunately, the windows have a great seal and shouldn't go up in temps too much. In Miami, the inside of the house would already be 90F, yet we are still at 72F which is what we had this morning.

onemile, hoping the hamstring, hip, feels better.

Damaris

Cyberic

Poor URP. For real. A bathroom emergency that bad is my worse nightmare.

Do you have a race coming up onemile? It seems to me like everything in the US is down, but I haven't been paying attention much. If you have nothing coming up, I would not go out for an extra 4. I think it is more important to be consistent than to hit XYZ number, and feel like shit afterwards, and maybe skip runs in the future.

I ran 19

Cyberic

I have the opportunity (that I might take, or not) to do a 10K TT that I could count as a PR.

My friend Catherine has asked LP (the coach I hired, the guy who measures courses) if he could "officially" measure a 10K for her. So last evening he took his Jones Counter and measured a flat 10K. It's on a strip of land in the "middle" of the river. First weekend of September a few runners will go run a 10K TT there. No chip timing, but spot on measured course.

Tempting...

sdWhiskers

6.5 miles, pushed LR to tomorrow when maybe/hopefully humidity won't be as awful. RP has shingles so it'll be solo.

I felt completely awful this morning. I've been tracking calories all week to lose a few pounds and think I'm probably being too aggressive.  I have zero energy while running. Will eat more today and try to balance weight loss in the coming weeks with not sabotaging my runs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6.5 miles, pushed LR to tomorrow when maybe/hopefully humidity won't be as awful. RP has shingles so it'll be solo.

I felt completely awful this morning. I've been tracking calories all week to lose a few pounds and think I'm probably being too aggressive.  I have zero energy while running. Will eat more today and try to balance weight loss in the coming weeks with not sabotaging my runs.

Training and eating less is never a good combination. I actually had to increase calories (to 2600-2700) to lose weight recently. Feeling much better too and I have to remind myself to eat because I don't eat that much normally. So make sure you are calculating it correctly with the burned calories and your needs etc.

Damaris

I have had some pretty dire PM emergencies, but...

15 miles with a guy from my running group who is generally a little slower than me. We ended up going slower than I wanted, but faster than he wanted. Averaged 8:41, meh, good enough.

Dave

delicate flower

5 easy followed by birthday lunch for MIL. I had the lobster salad sammich.  Wife made me a prescription cobbler for later.  I'll make tacos for dinner.

Food!!

<3

Wife made me a prescription cobbler for later.  

Better than the over-the-counter kind I suppose. 

Seattle Marathon is always the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. Guy posted on our running group’s FB page that they are offering us a discount code for 10% off this year’s race. LOLOLOL. So you’d only be flushing 90% of the registration fee down the toilet.

Dave

delicate flower

God damn swipe keyboard.  PEACH.

<3

That sounds yummier, although there are days I could do with a nice Vicodin cobbler.

Dave

KCRuns

10 miles with my SIL

sdWhiskers

Lol I almost Googled it

RunningOnSand

. I think it is more important to be consistent than to hit XYZ number, and feel like shit afterwards, and maybe skip runs in the future.

+1

LOL LOL LOL

Whiskers, feel better today. That sucks when you're not properly fueled and every run sucks.

Onemile, hope your hip feels better soon.

I ran 4 miles! They were better than Thursday's slog (although not much), and it was still humid AF.