Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Wednesdailies (Read 61 times)

delicate flower

Hey, WAKE UP.  35 minute track workout done, included 5 x 3:00 tempo/2:00 easy.  Coach assigned me a 7:00 pace on the tempos, which is something he never does.  I assume it's because I have a HM Saturday and he doesn't trust me to keep the tempo efforts in check, and he's right not to trust me.  4.8 miles total at 7:20 avg.

Based on prior years' notifications, us Boston bubble folks should get word today on whether or not we made it.  *sigh*  Fingers crossed for all of us.

<3

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning Baboon! Nice workout. I did my first group trail run today with TrailsRoc and met some really nice people. 4 hilly miles then ran another 3 miles back home. We started out at 6 so it was cool out. It was also very dark so we all wore headlamps. I tripped over roots a couple times but managed to stay on my feet. I will definitely join them for more runs in the future.

bluerun

Super B****

It is indeed quite soupy.  Especially when you precede running in that soup (5.15 miles) with riding on an indoor trainer (10 miles).  Without air conditioning.  (But that means it felt so nice and cool outside!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The soup has left the table here, we're on to a cool salad, with cold cuts to follow in the coming days.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.

In Court all morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

My foot is messed up and I'm panicking about Boston because the charge from the BAA dropped off my card this morning when it was still there yesterday. I know it doesn't necessarily mean I'm NOT in since they pinged my card 9 days ago, but I'm not feeling good.

bluerun

Super B****

The soup has left the table here, we're on to a cool salad, with cold cuts to follow in the coming days.

Dad joke caliber.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

No more marathons

Feel like I'm one of the migrating RWOL members - it's been so long since I've posted here.

(Well about a week, but still -----)

Hopefully only a couple more days of inactivity then I'll be back into my mega miles of 25 per week.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Good Morning Dailies of RA! Happy to be here and look forward to posting here. Would type more but on the mobile. 

Workout 9mi w 6x800@5k 

Splits 3:00, 2:58, 2:59, 3:00, 3:00, 2:56  2:10-15 JR

Felt great. Last one put me near puke zone. This was actually my first 800 workout ever. 

Have a great day. Will check back in later on 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

Run commute again today. Wasn't so hot this morning, but the dew point was close to the temperature so it was very uncomfortable. Temps are supposed to drop over night.

I had this weird idea that popped into my mind on my run this morning. Maybe I'll try a "stunt week" in the future and try to reach 200 Ks (124 miles) in 7 days. 30 Ks per day would bring me to 210. If I run 15Ks (9.3 miles) in the morning and another 15Ks in the evening, all easy running, no intervals, no tempo... I think I could manage. The seed is planted.

Docket_Rocket

Run commute again today. Wasn't so hot this morning, but the dew point was close to the temperature so it was very uncomfortable. Temps are supposed to drop over night.

I had this weird idea that popped into my mind on my run this morning. Maybe I'll try a "stunt week" in the future and try to reach 200 Ks (124 miles) in 7 days. 30 Ks per day would bring me to 210. If I run 15Ks (9.3 miles) in the morning and another 15Ks in the evening, all easy running, no intervals, no tempo... I think I could manage. The seed is planted.

I once did close to 100 (90 something) for the 2015 in 2015 mileage game.  All easy.  Some days doing 20 miles total (10 AM and 10 PM).  It wasn't as hard as I thought but I had some light work days that week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

For you new people, if you use the RA log, make sure you make your log viewable so we can stalk your data.  Just do the following:

• Click your "Options" in top right of the screen.
                          • Click "Log Preferences"
                          • Select either of these two choices:  "Only allow members in my groups to view my log" or "Allow everyone to see my running log"

Your cooperation is appreciated.

It's fun to check the logs of posters in the dailies.

People who have shared their logs have two icons under their user name on the left of the message: a "graph" which brings to the log when clicked on, and a "letter" to send the person a PM.

I'm reposting Baboon's message from yesterday.

LRB

Good Morning Dailies of RA! Happy to be here and look forward to posting here. Would type more but on the mobile. 

Workout 9mi w 6x800@5k 

Splits 3:00, 2:58, 2:59, 3:00, 3:00, 2:56  2:10-15 JR

Felt great. Last one put me near puke zone. This was actually my first 800 workout ever. 

Have a great day. Will check back in later on 

It's a wonder you still had shoes on after that final rep as well.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners!

I'm a newbie from the RW Forums too.  I'm the OldFart from AZ and live and train @ 5000', and if you click on my highlighted oldfartrunner, I made a short profile if you want to know my story. Boy, format is different  but will get use to it. I like Emoticons, and my grammar aint too good, so be gentle with me.

Thanks for the heads up about the log DF & C99, but I'm an old school write it down on a large desktop calendar dinosaur, but usually run about 45 a week mon-Fri with one V02 Max session, and one Tempo session/LR combined. I do have a Garmin 10, but just use that for sustained Tempo, LRs, & races, and use a marked course for intervals, and go watchless on easy days.  I work the weekends at a manual labor type job with a lot of walking, so I take off them two days, unless I put in for a race , which I have coming up October 14th-10k road race, and a Half on October 29th. Trying to bring down my OldFart PRs some.  Oh yeah, did I tell ya I'm old?  Plum forgot!

Looks like a good group here, and it will be fun getting to know you all!  Nice workouts everyone, and I'm planning on 8 easy later on the Peavine where I do about all my training. It's an old rail to trails cinder/gravel wide multi-use trail with long small % grades up, easier back.

I'll post a pic. I tried but it took the place of the post?  So, will probably be a stand alone.

oldfartrunner