Beginners and Beyond

Self Magazine Makes Fun of Woman/en Racing in Tutus (Read 139 times)

Docket_Rocket

Looks like they stopped letting you post on their FB page so people are responding to their posts about it over and over.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Looks like they stopped letting you post on their FB page so people are responding to their posts about it over and over.  LOL.

And making themselves look like idiots in the process.  Yes, they'll really take you seriously if you keep doing that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I noticed that when I went on their page out of curiosity. All their posts as far as I can see beginning this morning are being attacked.

Exactly what I meant about faux moral outrage.  Self will still continue to sell magazines, no matter how much people complain, and everyone will move on and forget about what happened.

Plus, spamming/trolling every post they put up isn't going to help your cause; if anything, it just makes you look like an idiot.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Including the tumor?

LOl...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Ironically, she bears a striking resemblance to Linda Carter in this shot.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am just now reading what the Blue shirt lady's bib says lol, "Die Tumor Die!!!".

Ironically, she bears a striking resemblance to Linda Carter in this shot.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

These two women actually look awesome and fit and happy and I bet they and their tutus can kick a lot of guys' butts on this forum. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I'm not sure who exactly is the cancer survivor, but they both look great.

That there is a magazine putting its foot in its mouth.

Also ironic since it seems like the type of person that would race in a tutu is also part of the magazine's target readership.

It would be like if ESPN Magazine ridiculed guys who feel the need to watch the same highlights over & over again on every edition of SportsCenter. NTIWKAAT.

Dave

These two women actually look awesome and fit and happy and I bet they and their tutus can kick a lot of guys' butts on this forum. 

That is probably part of why I'm not such a big fan, I see the back view of too many of the tutus.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Or at least Jesus....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Self would have had a field day this past Friday. I wa passed by someone dressed as Wonder Woman and someone else dressed as Moses.

Amazonian Princess

Or at least Jesus....

You might think Jesus would have a hard time running with that cross, but I bet he nailed it

I can. I will. I am. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hell, I'll volunteer to let them do that.     Of course, if there was any time I inadvertently ended doing the same race with them I'd probably never see them on the course anyway at my slow pace, I'm sure they would be way ahead of me.  Good for them!

The heck with the magazine.  A battle against cancer is not only physical, it's mental too; and so you do things that help you boost your morale, your attitude and your perseverance in not giving up.  If wearing a tutu is one of the things that helps her mentally get through the battle then more power to her and her tutu.  I agree with what someone here said, the article was probably supposed to be 'tongue-in-cheek' but the idiot writers sure picked a really bad target for it...the magazine definitely did not do their research.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

You might think Jesus would have a hard time running with that cross, but I bet he nailed it

ROFL!