Beginners and Beyond

Self Magazine Makes Fun of Woman/en Racing in Tutus (Read 139 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hot enough.

Oh, I officially change my vote on wonderwoman to, Meh, because she's using a handheld at a marathon with aid stations every 1.08 miles.

mta: seriously, I just looked at the course again. There are 24 official aid stations! The farthest you had to run without an A.S. is the first two miles. After that, nothing is further apart than a mile.

Sure, but what does she have in the handheld?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Hot enough.

Oh, I officially change my vote on wonderwoman to, Meh, because she's using a handheld at a marathon with aid stations every 1.08 miles.

mta: seriously, I just looked at the course again. There are 24 official aid stations! The farthest you had to run without an A.S. is the first two miles. After that, nothing is further apart than a mile.

Wasn't that this year?  It hit mid 80s that day and humid.  Although I agree in part.  Unless you live in South Florida, TX, or Louisiana, you won't need a handheld.

I thought I had never worn a tutu until I remember my Halloween Half Marathon.  You saw the pic in FB!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sure, but what does she have in the handheld?

Rum?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Rum?

Her medicine, is anyone paying attention? 

Docket_Rocket

Hello?  Rum is a medicine.  Me medicine is vodka. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hello?  Rum is a medicine.  Me medicine is vodka. 

Indeed, mine is wine. 

Zelanie

I still haven't tried to drink from an aid station during a race.  Sounds scary!  Guess I'll need to figure that out before Portland.

Just B.S.

I race often, sometimes I do races just for fun. Such was the case last Feb when I ran the Princess Half with

Two friends. We wore matching tutu costumes designed and made by me.

It was my friends 50 th bday and celebration of 5 years cancer free after her masectomy. We had a hell of a lot of fun.

Any recreational runner who can't have fun running occassionally or cares so much about what others wear in a

Race enough to make fun is taking themselves way too seriously.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Any recreational runner who can't have fun running occassionally or cares so much about what others wear in a

Race enough to make fun is taking themselves way too seriously.

I had another friend (besides my tutu-wearing friend) who used to dress as one of the Blues Brothers when he and friend ran a lot of the local races. He had a lot of fun doing things like that. He was also a 2:14 marathoner. It was always funny to see the looks on people's faces when he would win a local 10K in 31-something dressed like that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She was going through Chemo, she might have needed a hell of a lot more than what the aid stations had to offer, or she might know what works for her..... who honestly knows.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Just B.S.

I had another friend (besides my tutu-wearing friend) who used to dress as one of the Blues Brothers when he and friend ran a lot of the local races. He had a lot of fun doing things like that. He was also a 2:14 marathoner. It was always funny to see the looks on people's faces when he would win a local 10K in 31-something dressed like that.

My hubby had a bad race when he ran Boston 2010 in 3:40 and was pretty disappointed. He thought it was hilarious

that the small oriental man in full Minnie Mouse costume smoked him in I think under 3:25 ish. Said it gave him a huge

lift and put a smile on his face when  Male Minnie passed him Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

My hubby had a bad race when he ran Boston 2010 in 3:40 and was pretty disappointed. He thought it was hilarious

that the small oriental man in full Minnie Mouse costume smoked him in I think under 3:25 ish. Said it gave him a huge

lift and put a smile on his face when  Male Minnie passed him Smile

PRs

Nevrgivup

You might think Jesus would have a hard time running with that cross, but I bet he nailed it

Good one! Wink

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.