Beginners and Beyond

OT: Has anyone ever used a third party a eBay seller? (Read 35 times)

Little Blue

We have some stuff out of my Dad's house that will need to be sold.  It's not Craig's List quality, it's more collectible than that.  My DH buys off of eBay, but we've never tried to sell.  This is stuff that is already out there, so I can't see why someone would buy from a first-time seller if the same thing was available from a veteran seller.

I've seen a couple of storefront sellers, but I have no idea what to ask or expect.

Any tips?

TJoseph

We have some stuff out of my Dad's house that will need to be sold.  It's not Craig's List quality, it's more collectible than that.  My DH buys off of eBay, but we've never tried to sell.  This is stuff that is already out there, so I can't see why someone would buy from a first-time seller if the same thing was available from a veteran seller.

I've seen a couple of storefront sellers, but I have no idea what to ask or expect.

Any tips?

I mostly buy stuff on eBay, but I recently sold a couple of cell phones when I switched carriers.  I had a lot of bidders an got a fair price for them.  I had positive feedback from my purchases though.  I have never used a third party, but it seems to me that you would do better listing the items yourself if you have the time.

RSX

My wife sells stuff on Ebay every few months. You don't need a third party. Set up a paypal account if you don't have one. You can set a minimum bid amount level if you wish. The shipping charge gets added later. She ships everything via Post Office.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

And if you haven't sold stuff before, start with a few items that you know will sell easily and be sure to ship/pack well and on time.  That'll garner you some good selling feedback early on which will ensure that folks are not apprehensive to buy from you.

I've bought & sold plenty on ebay over the years & even was making a few bucks back in the late 90's buildng & selling custom computers.  (Yes, I was shipping whole computers across the country) So I've done everything from the tiniest of things to the largest.  So long as you just take a decent picture, create a decent format for the sell (their little editor is decent and you can make a simple, colorful ad and reuse/adjust it many times over for similar things) and then pack & ship your stuff well & on time, you'll do fine.

Plus, once you sestup your Paypal account, you might even find other places you can use it without having to dig up your credit card when you buy online.  (I did that with a few Christmas gifts this year.  They had a paypal option which takes care of the billing, shipping address & everything in just a couple clicks).

Anyway, you can certainly do 3rd party, too & they're fine, but I think you could easily handle it yourself!  (And maybe even have a little fun with it, too) 

Randy

My wife is an eBay pro, she has sold a ton of stuff (almost as much as she's bought ). She has also listed some items for friends, who either didn't want to bother themselves, or wanted to get the benefit of an experienced seller. Having a high seller rating is a real benefit in how much you can get. See if you have any friends that do a lot of selling, and are willing to list for you. Maybe they will do it for a %, or maybe you can just take them to dinner or something. Possibly you can just use them for the higher $ items, and sell the lower $ items yourself & start to build up a seller rating if you expect to be doing a lot of it.

Just a thought; no idea about 3rd party sellers.

Dave

Little Blue

Well maybe we'll throw some stuff up there and see how it flies.  DH already has a Paypal account.  I'll have to put some thought into how to price the stuff.  I don't know anyone who sells who might be willing to list it for me.