Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: The Crossing Near a Golden Rainbow's End (Read 195 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                  

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'm off to do three miles o'hill repeats at 5.2mph (11:32).

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, Basya! Enjoy the hills.

I'm up early to test out the lungs in the cold and get some miles in before volunteering with DS's Winter Fun Day field trip. The kids get to ice skate, go sledding, and a few other things. I think my job is helping put on and take off skates - that I can do. Helping them out on the ice, not so much.

It's 10* right now, "feels like" 0*, and I'm hoping for a little over an hour or about 5-6 miles. Preferably with no coughing fits during or after. Catch you all later!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jeepofspades

Morning,

good luck with that Basya!

me my TM died on me last night, maybe it just wasn't feeling it that day.

I guess I'll try hitting the streets tonight.

have a nice day!

LRB

Supp!  Let's find some coffee for this piece...

LRB

flarunner

Mornin' peeps! Good to see you folks up and at 'em so early.

Did 5 miles easy and could really see the water droplets today since it was raining. Wink

Have a great day everyone!

Be safe, be warm, be strong!

@runjerseygirl

Amen.

Rest day for me.  Sushi with the BFF/RP for lunch today.  Looking forward to it, actually.  It will be nice to relax during lunch for a change. Smile

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Coffee's on! I see LRB beat me to the coffee this morning, but that's OK. I'll make another pot!

5 miles planned for today, intervals. But not yet - it's 25 degrees here in the warm south. And I have a feeling that I'm not done with my sleeping yet, having only slept about 6 hours last night.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Yesterday I finally got my bike set up on the trainer for some home cardio. Also did myrtl and other assorted body weight exercises. I did my planks during the instrumental parts of karaoke songs last night! How's that for making best use of my time!

On a "bad news" note worth mentioning for me - my heating oil tank is almost dry and I am going to have to fork out $3.50 a gallon to fill it up, meh.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning all - I managed to get myself up & out of bed in the 28 degrees for 4 miles this morning. Best of all - only one little coughing fit! I could get used to these 3 day work weeks. Happy Friday!

Angela 

Shari, I hope that it goes well.

Jeep, enjoy your run.

flatrunner, great job! You're done, already.

Kay, have fun. Sushi, YUM!

Tom, enjoy the intervals.

Gustav, yay for the bike setup. Boo on the tank filling.

My hill repeats are done. I warmed up at  1.5 incline. Then, seven times, I alternated two minutes at a 10.0 incline and one minute at a 1.5 incline. I cooled down at a 1.5 incline, until I reached 3.0 miles. 34:37.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Basya, enjoy the miles!

Shari, hope your lungs cooperate.  That's how I usually feel daily when I run; I don't wish it on anybody.

LRB, Friday must be short for sure.  Thanks for the café.

flarunner, it's raining over there?  Not down here.  Anything that can refresh the 80F is good for me.

Kay, enjoy the RD.

Tom, hope you get your intervals done.

Gustav, LOL.  Sorry about needing to feel the tank.

Angela, nice 4.  How are you feeling?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yay, Angela! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Damaris, have fun lifting and running.

happylily

Good morning Basya and friends! Thanks for the coffee, LRB! Just what I needed. :-)

7 recovery miles again today. And maybe I'll even break that into 2 runs, because I want the legs fresh for the weekend. It's my last big weekend before taper! Yoohoo!

Still cold in the house with our half-broken furnace. Tom, yes, it's an electric furnace. I am sending SO to the hardware store to buy small heaters. Thanks! I hate winter...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010