Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: The Crossing Near a Golden Rainbow's End (Read 195 times)

notimeforthat

Half a pot of coffee in as we speak.

Got up at swam 1400 yds with drills today. I welcomed the change from just swim, swim,swim.

Running to be after breakfast is not in danger of reappearing.

Have a great Friday e'rybody. I need to find a storage unit for some of our crap so we can list this house sooner, rather than later. We found 2 that we love and are in the fun position of selling this one asap, so we can make a move on one of these.

Docket_Rocket

al, good luck house selling.  Moving is hectic but so exciting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning, guys!  Some of you are reminding me of how much I like our pellet stove.  We have saved so much money on fuel since we got it!

Speaking of cold, it's 2 degrees out there.  It took me 20 minutes to dress for my run this morning, lol.  A pair of knee socks, another pair of socks over those, tights, knee brace, capris over that (I only have one pair of tights.  Kind of ghetto, but it works.), sports bra, a long sleeve shirt, a light jacket, a windbreaker, my running hat, a balaclava over that, mittens, shoes, add my Road ID and Garmin (and ipod shuffle when I'm by myself) and I'm good to go!  ; )  Even with all that, I was still cold.

4.2 easy with my sister this morning.  The leg is still good!  Second successful run.  Maybe I'll register for that race after all.

My kids are still sick with what I originally thought were colds, but now am thinking is the flu.  This could make attending my FIL's wedding tomorrow tricky.  May have to see if my mom can babysit the sickies...

Another day of cleaning and organizing.  Have been getting a lot done this week, while still on school vacation.  Will be bummed when vacation is over next week!

Have a good day, guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

I cannot imagine running with so much clothes.  I barely wear shorts and a bra imagine if I move someplace cold.  Sounds like you mighyt have looked like a ninja :-)

Morning, guys!  Some of you are reminding me of how much I like our pellet stove.  We have saved so much money on fuel since we got it!

Speaking of cold, it's 2 degrees out there.  It took me 20 minutes to dress for my run this morning, lol.  A pair of knee socks, another pair of socks over those, tights, knee brace, capris over that (I only have one pair of tights.  Kind of ghetto, but it works.), sports bra, a long sleeve shirt, a light jacket, a windbreaker, my running hat, a balaclava over that, mittens, shoes, add my Road ID and Garmin (and ipod shuffle when I'm by myself) and I'm good to go!  ; )  Even with all that, I was still cold.

4.2 easy with my sister this morning.  The leg is still good!  Second successful run.  Maybe I'll register for that race after all.

My kids are still sick with what I originally thought were colds, but now am thinking is the flu.  This could make attending my FIL's wedding tomorrow tricky.  May have to see if my mom can babysit the sickies...

Another day of cleaning and organizing.  Have been getting a lot done this week, while still on school vacation.  Will be bummed when vacation is over next week!

Have a good day, guys!  : )

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I cannot imagine running with so much clothes.  I barely wear shorts and a bra imagine if I move someplace cold.  Sounds like you mighyt have looked like a ninja :-)

I burned 5 calories just reading it!

30 slow and easy minutes on the elliptical done.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

I didn't have any knee pain yesterday but my friend who is a physical therapist suggested I try for one more pain free day before running. So crossing my fingers! My foam roller is also supposed to arrive today.

Have a great Friday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Kristin79, it sounds like you got a workout just getting ready for your run!  Good job running despite the cold. Smile

Do you even run?

delicate flower

WHAT'S UP THERE, CHUCKLES!  It's 9:00 and I think I need to hit up the cafeteria for some coffee.

10 treadmill miles done before work this morning.  Slight progression.  8:30 average pace.

Last night was 9 miles on a hilly route.  8:39 pace and I felt great.

Work this morning.....AHHHHHHHHHHH!  Getting pulled in all sorts of directions.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning all!

Coffee is great this morning. Smile

A few miles on tap today to stay loose for my 10k tomorrow.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning! Coffee is my favorite today.

Gus, when I was house-hunting I wouldn't even consider a house with an oil tank. I really wanted natural gas. Luckily most of Bethlehem has access. Have you thought about getting a line put in? My friends in Easton did as soon as they bought their house about 5 years ago and they love it.

SRD today but I will probably be heading to the gym for some strength work. We'll see.

I'm so glad some of you injured people are getting better! Yay!

StepbyStep-SH

Run went well - didn't even feel nearly as cold as the temperature says it was (and I had on fewer layers than Kristin!). Still some coughing, but less than when I ran outside Wednesday, which is a good sign. I have a 5-mile race tomorrow, so hopefully I can at least manage to run it at an easy pace; marathon pace would be better, and given the likelihood of less than ideal footing and having been sick, HMP is as much as I can imagine mustering for this one.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

runmomto3boys

Ang: Great job getting up and out early this AM!

Jeep: Oh, no.  I hope it's fixable - arrrgh!

Shari: Oh my gosh - how neat is that winter fun day??  My boys would LOVE that!

Tom: 25 has to feel SO cold for you (although not for this hearty Wisconsinite - ha!).  Brrr!

Lily: I hope the 7 go well tonight.  I can't believe it's almost taper time again!

Gustav: Fantastic job getting in all those strengthening exercises.  I love planks myself!  Bummer about the oil stuff, though.  Boo!

Al: Great job getting that swimming done early and changing it up a bit.  How exciting about the house stuff: big changes in the works for you!

Kristin: I'm so glad the leg is holding up so well!!!  WOOHOO!!!  I'm happy for you!

Phil: Fantastic work on the 9-10 milers respectively.  Excellent pace on both runs, as usual!  How is MBC doing?  Any progress with the fracture at all?  I haven't seen her pop in lately, but I've been thinking of her!

Tonight: same ole - distance dictated by whatever my IT band can tolerate. Hopefully at least 8. If I could pop off another MLR, I'd be elated. I ran a fast (for me) 14 last night, so that just seems greedy... :P  I'll take what I can get.

@runjerseygirl

On my second cup.

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

April - we have gas about two houses down but the rest of the street is oil . It would cost several thousand dollars for UGI to run the gas line - or next door neighbor looked into it. I'm thinking of putting in a heat pump in addition to the oil heat - it just hasn't been a priority. Maybe that will be a spring project.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jess runs for bacon

Morning!

I used one of those K cups this morning where you put your own coffee in but I ground it too coarse so my coffee tasted like crap this morning Sad Hoping to get a few miles in on the TM tonight, my knee still feels a little funky so I'll play it by ear.

Gustav, how long ago did your neighbor check? I think they have rebate programs for that now.