Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

It's back to the belt for me. I guess I've adapted since I have no complaints about it.

Whatever.

'Sup?

No more marathons

Whatever.

That  ^^

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

RD #4 - This is starting to look like a week off.  Just call me fat and lazy.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7.

We have our Holiday Party today, in which case I expect to it mashed potatoes and cake, since no one here brings anything good for the two non-meat eaters in the office.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

HELLO THEN!  lmao omg

I swam before work.  2600 yards.  My hips were still sore from my Sunday treadmill session so I had low expectations, but I ended up having a great swim.  Funny how that works.  I have my first ever "power test" on the bike trainer tonight, which will be an ass kicker of a workout.  It is supposed to be an "everything you've got" kind of workout.  I am looking forward to/dreading it.

<3

LRB

LRB

This might be an indirect benefit for your foot. 

Dave

LRB

I ran 7.

I'm really trying to focus on picking up the pace on the stupid thing this week.

onemile

I'm really trying to focus on picking up the pace on the stupid thing this week.

Do your legs feel like they have giant bricks attached to them?

onemile

Good morning!

Have a great day folks!

so are you thinking this is a stress fracture?

LRB

Do your legs feel like they have giant bricks attached to them?

Actually my legs are fine, it's my right foot and heel and left knee that are all about the flux. 

onemile

Actually my legs are fine, it's my right foot and heel and left knee that are all about the flux. 

I don't really have any specific complaints like that. I just feel like I weigh 200 lbs and my legs have 0 energy

LRB

I don't really have any specific complaints like that. I just feel like I weigh 200 lbs and my legs have 0 energy

You're coming off an incredible cycle and race effort, while I actually had my heaviest mileage (lol) and most intense training prior to Indy a month before CIM. So in that regard, I am ahead of you. 

I suspect it'll be your normal 3 to 4 week post-race period before you're feeling like your young old self again. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

so are you thinking this is a stress fracture?

Yes.  Christmas will be 4 weeks no running, with a 1 mile slow jog test a couple of weeks ago.  The foot feels fine, maybe Santa will bring me  a slow jog mile for Christmas.

Runner with a riding problem.