Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES...because well FriDAILIES would just make too much damn sense; and who has any of that (Read 38 times)

LRB

What up doe peeps!

Heading out for 6 here in a bit for what should be yet another warm run, as the past two have been in the 60's after last weeks runs were mostly in the 40's. 

Anyway, what is on your agenda for this Friday eve?

Good luck with your run Dave!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates tonight.  Not sure if I'll run but if I do, it will be short.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good luck with your run Dave!

Thanks! Hopped on the treadmill to be extra safe. Started very slow at 10:00, did 4 miles progression down to 8:00. Knee is still pretty sore, but better than the last time I tried running, and seems like it could be manageable. As long as I don't do anything stupid like, say, run 26 miles on it. Anyway, I think at least DNS is out of my mind, although of course DNF is always a possibility. And the bright side I guess is I've kind of thrown my goal out the window, I am just going to see how I feel, which sort of takes some of the pressure off. I think probably best at this point to just shut it down till race day.

Have a good one everybody.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am striving for about 4 miles today after work, probably at Fort Sam Houston.   Will be a very easy run along my "Dog Alley" route on which I hand out treats to my many canine pals in the family housing area.  It will be a 'cool' 86 degrees, but the humidity will be only 25% and the dew-point will be at 44, so should be very comfortable.

My legs will appreciate an easy run after last night's events.  Went to one of my favorite parks and found a trail I'd never been on before.  A cyclist was coming off the trail and I asked him if the trail came out on the other side of the park.  He said the trail was kind of like a 'maze', lots of trails interconnecting and I'd be going 'in circles' for while until I finally figured it out and took the correct path that would bring me back out the paved trail in the park.  He wasn't kidding either...I did end up going in circles for a bit and coming back out to where I'd just been a little while before.  And the terrain was crazy....sometimes rocky, sometimes really nice smooth trail, sometimes uphill at steep inclines, sometimes gentle slopes...it was nuts!  And very much fun!   Except for the part where I missed seeing a low-hanging branch in front of me at about shoulder level and whacked right into it, knocking myself down.....  owwwww...        bit of a scrape on my knee and slight bruise on my shoulder, but no serious harm done.  I finally did find my way back to the paved trail - whew! - and continued on through the rest of the park.  Ended up with 4.2 miles and tired legs....but the 'good' kind of tired.  A really challenging but fun workout.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Morning!

6 easy miles this morning. I will run 8 more after work.

I had a strange dream last night. Maybe I'll report it in the dream thread later.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Good morning, people!  It be RAINING today!  As such, I treadmilled because I just didn't feel like running in the rain.  7 easy miles done, and doubling up today so more later.

Thanks! Hopped on the treadmill to be extra safe. Started very slow at 10:00, did 4 miles progression down to 8:00. Knee is still pretty sore, but better than the last time I tried running, and seems like it could be manageable. As long as I don't do anything stupid like, say, run 26 miles on it. Anyway, I think at least DNS is out of my mind, although of course DNF is always a possibility. And the bright side I guess is I've kind of thrown my goal out the window, I am just going to see how I feel, which sort of takes some of the pressure off. I think probably best at this point to just shut it down till race day.

Sucks that this happened so close to race day.  Hopefully the knee will come around and you'll still be able to run a good race on it.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went out to try for a run and see how I am feeling, it was a very slow run. Didn't really feel any pain, just some little aches and niggles here or there but mainly on my left leg which wasn't having any issues over the last 3 weeks while my right leg was always having something going on and this morning it felt great 

Got 4.4 miles in so yay.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

You are an incredibly strong runner once you warm up (not that I log stalk you or anything ) so having a very strong race and a finish most could only dream of is still in the cards for you.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You are an incredibly strong runner once you warm up (not that I log stalk you or anything ) so having a very strong race and a finish most could only dream of is still in the cards for you.

You better report the stalking here.  I mean, the not stalking....

Good luck, Dave.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Went out to try for a run and see how I am feeling, it was a very slow run. Didn't really feel any pain, just some little aches and niggles here or there but mainly on my left leg which wasn't having any issues over the last 3 weeks while my right leg was always having something going on and this morning it felt great 

Got 4.4 miles in so yay.

Is this still due to the HM?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning! SRD #11 for me today. Will run a short run this weekend.

Posting from my phone because we are getting some new carpet today! Just a couple of rooms but still exciting. We are also shuffling some things around so that we'll have a guest room for our Costa Rican exchange student when she comes in December. DD is hoping to host the girl she stayed with when she was down there.

You guys clearly don't post enough from your phones to enjoy my word prediction game.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Is this still due to the HM?

No, I honestly don't know what's going on but it started Sunday evening and freaked me out Tuesday morning when I tried to run, I am freaking out now thinking I'm going to get injured right before the race....... it would be my luck too 

Honestly I think did something stupid when stretching Sunday afternoon, evening and then Monday evening... which is why I normally avoid stretching damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning! SRD #11 for me today. Will run a short run this weekend.

Posting from my phone because we are getting some new carpet today! Just a couple of rooms but still exciting. We are also shuffling some things around so that we'll have a guest room for our Costa Rican exchange student when she comes in December. DD is hoping to host the girl she stayed with when she was down there.

You guys clearly don't post enough from your phones to enjoy my word prediction game.

Screw my phone damn it lol.

PRs

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me today

Marjorie