Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Thanksgiving Weekend (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

I thought one post for the weekend might work.

About to head out for 5 and I've got group trail runs lined up for Fri-Sun.

From the Internet.

Happy Thanksgiving pens!

5 mile race done in 35:11, ~9.5ish total for the day with early AM shakeout/warmup/cooldown. Now for dinner with the in-laws! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Happy Thanksgiving!  I have weights and 5 miles to do.

PAD, hope you enjoyed your 5.

Lauren, nice job on the race!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Lauren - that was a speedy 5 miles.

PAD - love the penguin.  Have fun with your trail runs.

D - I hope your 5 went well.

I'm stuffed with too much pie. But it was good. Tomorrow I'll try to waddle some of it off.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up with 5 with 6 X 100m on the TM last night. They went OK.

We work today but I took off to sleep in. Pilates and 5 today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Slow 3.5.  Not sure why I felt so sluggish Smile

PADRunner

5.5 on some technical trails this morning.

GinnyinPA

I've had two good runs so far this weekend: 7.5 yesterday from home to town on a beautiful sunny day, then 6.3 this afternoon on a cold windy day. I intended to do a long run tomorrow, but it's hunting season, so if DH and I want to do any hiking for the next three weeks, we have to do it on Sundays, when hunting isn't allowed. If the weather cooperates, I'm hoping to get to the woods tomorrow.

PADRunner

12 yesterday on the North Shore lake trails. Finish up with 6-7 this morning,

Taper for races the next 2 weeks. Isle du Bois 18k trail 12/3 and Dallas Half 12/11

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6.0 for us.  1 mile behind the Bunny.

Docket_Rocket

RD yesterday and the Space Coast Marathon today.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D- how did it go?

Jerry - how did you get behind?  Too many tapers?

PAD - nice trail mileage.  Is the trail race you are doing a hard one?

We had a great hike.  It was coldish (43) but warm enough while we were climbing. I just froze the last couple of miles when we were descending in the twilight.  (I underestimated the distance and overestimated our likely pace.)

PADRunner

D- how did it go?

Jerry - how did you get behind?  Too many tapers?

PAD - nice trail mileage.  Is the trail race you are doing a hard one?

We had a great hike.  It was coldish (43) but warm enough while we were climbing. I just froze the last couple of miles when we were descending in the twilight.  (I underestimated the distance and overestimated our likely pace.)

It's lots of up and downs but runnable. Looks like it's going to be cold and wet though.