Beginners and Beyond

Sanatory Sunday Penguins In Seminative Situations (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sanatory:  Producing health

Seminative: Producing growth

Go out today, Penguins and do your own thing that produces health and growth in you personally!

Yep, I am up waaay early!  Have a 6 a.m. flight to D.C. and then tomorrow the ceremony at Arlington Cemetery to inter my mother's ashes with those of my Dad, a WWII and Korean Vet.  Back home Monday night.  Whirlwind trip!  But I am taking my running gear, may try and get a run in later this evening in the DC area, to help shake off the jet lag.   Anyway, chat with y'all on Tuesday after I get back!

For those of you guys with kids:

Have a great, safe, and healthy Sunday everyone!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

That sounds like a good trip, Scotty, and I bet you were a good boy when you were a kid. Your mom would be proud!

As for me, I just got home from my gig and I am winding down. No run planned for today, just repairing a few sprinklers, washing sheets, installing a fan, and having my mom, dad, and grandma over for a late lunch after mass.

hi to the Pens that show up later and Happy Father's Day to the dads!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Penguin Father's Day !!!!

Hope you can  get a run in on the Washington Mall, Scott.

We had a nice time at Ravinia last night as the storms held off.  Saw Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Not at all like the Book of Mormon, the musical. Beautiful night to picnic on the Lawn.  We will try for a LR in this morning.  A little warm for us at 71F and 64DP.

Have a great Sunday !!!

Dad on the run.

Happy Father's Day!

Had a super fun night last night had some homemade Mexican food with friends and about 8 margaritas... Oops. Feel pretty good this owning considering though. I did wake up to my wife and daughter wishing me happy Father's Day and giving me Fathers Day cards and a Halo headband Smile. So pretty good morning so far. Think now we Are going to go out to the pool and then having dinner with my FIL later this evening then going to grab 3 miles tonight to finisEmmy week off.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's Smile

RD for me. I feel like my 2 year old is torturing me with sleep deprivation. Since she had her shots, she wakes up every half hour through the night to cry, scream, or nurse. I'm so tired.

hog4life

Happy Father's Day to all.

Damaris, I'm liking your pic in SF, thanks for sharing.

Coralie, I read your thread last night an want to respond but I'll need to check some notes to check my mileages. I too am thinking about doing the NOLA half.

Jimmy, I asked Connie if she would be interested in seeing Talledega from the inside, I think she likes the idea.

I may run later tonight, not sure yet. After church we're heading over to my oldest son's house for a Fathers Day cookout and spending some time with the grandkids.

Bella is feeling better this morning and trying to eat everything in site. She's trying to stand up on me, lots of tail wagging, and plenty of kisses.

SheCan

Morning penguin friends!

Oh Scotty is top dog today!  Hope your have a good, safe trip, Scotty.

Jack enjoy your "rest" day, though I hope you get everything done!

Jerry-- hope your run wasn't too warm.  I saw the MTC when i was a kid, and thought it was quite magical.  Have never been back since.

Jimmy-- don't get too much sun at the pool!  Enjoy your dinner with the FIL.

Coralie--Hugs to you, hope you get in a nap today.

Mitch-- ohhhh, so glad your Bella is doing better.   Hope you have a great time with the grand youngens!

I'm taking a rest day today.  Will catch up the laundry and might run into town to do some shopping and grab a bit to eat.  We'll see.

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Long run done, but it was a struggle. 10 for me, dw only lasted 8.

Dad on the run.

She Can - to late about getting to much sun, I did that yesterday when I ran 7.5 without a shirt... oops.

About to go grab my 3 miles before everyone starts showing up for dinner.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Father's Day, Penguin fathers!

SRD for me. A little sore from yesterday but not too bad.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Mitch- The RnR Half looks very cool. I think the first price increase is September 30th, so I will make my decision by then. I'm going to work on building my base over the summer, I need to do some easy math to figure it all out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  SF Marathon done today.  Had a great time.

Damaris