Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

I ran 6. It was a on the clammy side but it was pretty nice as easy runs go.

onemile

I ran a little over 10 miles with 5 miles straight tempo and then 6x1 min hills

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Friday!  I hit the pool before work for 2600 yards.  I've got an easy run to do after work.  I am feeling almost normal again.  I've done three half irons now and I am comfortable saying a standalone half marathon done at full on race effort takes more out of me than a half ironman.

<3

Zelanie

Phil, that's because running fast sucks.

Streak mile for me. More training today and we fly home tonight.

LRB

I ran a little over 10 miles with 5 miles straight tempo and then 6x1 min hills

I really would love to get back to that. At any effort.

onemile

I really would love to get back to that. At any effort.

I find tempo intervals much easier to handle mentally.  Unless it's one of those 'marathon pace tempos' 

LRB

I find tempo intervals much easier to handle mentally.  Unless it's one of those 'marathon pace tempos' 

lol

If I were doing a true tempo run (HMP and faster) it meant I was getting ready for a big race.

I ran a little over 10 9 miles with 5 4 miles straight tempo and then 6x1 min hills

I can't compete with yours, but I was pretty happy with my run anyway. Haven't done one of these since pre-marathon. Just hoping to leg out an infield single; instead, hit it out of the park - 7:07, 7:05, 6:55, 6:47. Boom. I was toast for the cooldown; I certainly could not have done any fucking hill repeats.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles + 5 AlterG miles.

There are ten books waiting for me on the hold shelf at the library.  TEN.  I don't have enough free time.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I can't compete with yours, but I was pretty happy with my run anyway. Haven't done one of these since pre-marathon. Just hoping to leg out an infield single; instead, hit it out of the park - 7:07, 7:05, 6:55, 6:47. Boom. I was toast for the cooldown; I certainly could not have done any fucking hill repeats.

lol

Nice run. 👍

I find tempo intervals much easier to handle mentally.  

I've never really done tempo intervals. The straight tempo almost feels like a race to me, as far as what you need to maintain that last mile.

Dave

onemile

I've never really done tempo intervals. The straight tempo almost feels like a race to me, as far as what you need to maintain that last mile.

Really? Like 6x1 mile or 7x1 mile with 1 minute rest (or 90 secs). Mentally a lot easier for me and Addie has given those a lot.  The recovery is short but it is real.

onemile

I certainly could not have done any fucking hill repeats.

You probably could have. I felt like I couldn't and then I did.

And nice pace for yours!

LRB

This is where the 10k comes in handy, otherwise, shit ain't happening.

Really? Like 6x1 mile or 7x1 mile with 1 minute rest (or 90 secs). Mentally a lot easier for me and Addie has given those a lot.  The recovery is short but it is real.

I might have noodled around with something a few times, either before I followed a plan or at some point between cycles, but nothing really structured. The closest I've done is the old Hansons strength intervals (6x1, 3x2), but those are much slower than tempo. Hansons doesn't use tempo pace for anything, and Pfitz only has continuous tempos.

Dave