Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES - Up All Night, Sleep All Day (Read 185 times)

runmomto3boys

Ang and Kitteh: I know what you all are saying.  I have a kindergartner at home.  I squeezed all 3 boys extra tight yesterday (and today).  Such a tragedy...

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

My volunteering is finished - the race went without a hitch. It was a decent 6.7 mile trail run. I think I might run it next year.

I probably ran about 1.5 miles just working with the camera. My post was about 1.2 miles from the start line, and I Gallowayed out there before the start. Once the last runner was past my post, I reversed the signs so that they could make the proper turn and head back towards the finish line. Then I set out to gather photographs from around the course. i "Gallowayed" around, running, walking, and pausing to photograph various runners. Even got shots of a couple of non-participants that were out for their jog.

The course is really nice. It's part gravel road, but mostly unpaved trails up into the wooded area near the foot of Lookout Mountain. Wonderful place to run, though it is about 24 miles from home.

I wore my new New Balance MT610 V2 trail runners - they worked great. Feet felt very good in them. They have a sure grip and are very light. And, not terribly expensive.

Calves are sufficiently sore today that I'm not going to do my 3-4 mile run tonight. I'll save them and do a long run tomorrow instead.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Lilac & Damaris - Thanks! Hope you both enjoyed The Hobbit. We went to see it last night & loved it.

AmiK - That would probably be the approach I'd have taken when my dd was 8. Why give him bad news if it's not necessary, you know? Unless you know he's going to hear it from others, then maybe broach the subject first? I don't know. Motherhood is full of tough decisions!

Heidi - Sick again?? Ugh! With three little ones going into school, I guess you need to brace yourself against all the viruses coming home. Feel better soon!

kitteh - I hear ya. I keep doing the same - picturing my own students terrified and hurting like the CT kids must have been. Even though I'm trying not to. Nightmares. But on the flip side, it makes me realize how much I really love my students.

Angela 

@runjerseygirl

Race report HERE.

Do you even run?

Ghettopops

Got my second run in with my daughter Smile. We did a 3 miler. I got 8 in before I went out with her so it was nice to have a slow recovery after my run. I really enjoyed our run, gives me a chance to chat with her .
            Docket_Rocket

Back from my long run followed by a big breakfast and an awards ceremony.  I won the 'Rookie of The Year' and 'Close but No Cigar' awards.

Since I have all this energy, I'll be preping the basement for the contractor coming on Tuesday to start cleaning up after the flooded basement we had last Sunday. Finally taking advantage of the homeowners' insurance I've been paying into for years.

Have a GREAT rest of the day!

EDIT - AmiK, your son's comment made me tear up.  He sounds so grown up!

Congrats, David!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lilac & Damaris - Thanks! Hope you both enjoyed The Hobbit. We went to see it last night & loved it.

AmiK - That would probably be the approach I'd have taken when my dd was 8. Why give him bad news if it's not necessary, you know? Unless you know he's going to hear it from others, then maybe broach the subject first? I don't know. Motherhood is full of tough decisions!

Heidi - Sick again?? Ugh! With three little ones going into school, I guess you need to brace yourself against all the viruses coming home. Feel better soon!

kitteh - I hear ya. I keep doing the same - picturing my own students terrified and hurting like the CT kids must have been. Even though I'm trying not to. Nightmares. But on the flip side, it makes me realize how much I really love my students.

Loved it.  I don't recall all the details of the book but it was like watching the LOTR again!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

9.2 miles

Sloptastic is a word right? Mid 30's = great winter running. Unfortunately it also means melting snow and slush in spots causing wet feet.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Race day tomorrow! Traveled up to Indy today, got settled, and looked around a bit. Now about to get to bed to rest up for the big day!

Hi dailies:

10.9 recovery miles, 8:13 pace.  My last 5K of the year tomorrow, hoping to light it up if the weather holds.

LRB

10.9 recovery miles, 8:13 pace.  My last 5K of the year tomorrow, hoping to light it up if the weather holds.

I have no doubt you will!