Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Who Didn't See This Coming? (Read 79 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 4 miles on the treadmill at lunch. We're supposed to get some snow today so it will probably be treacherous outside after work.

I have a 5k on Saturday. Still not sure what I'm going to do. The weather is supposed to be really nice, but I don't think I'm in 5k race shape right now. I might just go out at 10k pace and see what happens. I have no problem not truly racing if I don't feel like it.

morning dailies:

Rick - frosted flakes get soggy too quickly

FLA - nice job on the 10

Sparker - good luck with the tempo

D - have fun at court

Lily and Bruce - I'm planning on 15 as well, virtual group run Smile

Step - glad you don't have to avoid plows while running, that always scares me a bit

Kristin - that spinning class sounds like serious business, maybe they should open more to alleviate demand...

Basya - good workout

AmiK - nice repeats

Scotty - and the sigggggn said, long haired freaky people, need not apply

Fuzzy - yuck, hope it all melts soon

April - good plan, you can always speed up if you want to

Going to do 15 general aerobic miles today on nice snow-free roads, with the temps creeping past 32.  Ground some beans and used my refillable K-Cup filter for the first time, yum.

Docket_Rocket

Hey, there is a challenge on the streak page in honor of someone's BD.  go get them!

Morning! 4 miles on the treadmill at lunch. We're supposed to get some snow today so it will probably be treacherous outside after work.

I have a 5k on Saturday. Still not sure what I'm going to do. The weather is supposed to be really nice, but I don't think I'm in 5k race shape right now. I might just go out at 10k pace and see what happens. I have no problem not truly racing if I don't feel like it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

So glad I am not at the office today because I had to respond to an email and told my analyst I did not like the tone of it.  It was scathing and condescending and to me, unprofessional.  I hate to do it but felt that if I didn't respond, I would lose his respect.

Anyway, off to court.  I pity the ones against me today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey, there is a challenge on the streak page in honor of someone's BD.  go get them!

Roger that. I've made my commitment! Thanks for letting me know. I've been bad about checking the page lately. Smile

Good luck at court. Sorry about the shitty email you received.

Zelanie

Very cute card, Scotty!

RD for me.  My run last night was awesome.  Wishing the dailies a great day!

delicate flower

'Morning.  Man, what the hell hit me last night?  I woke up at 1:00 AM with some awful chills, pounding headache, and 100 degree temp.  Then I woke up at 3:00 sweating like a pig.  Now my headache isn't as bad (still there) and I am feeling better, but I am completely exhausted.  I called in sick to work today.  Zero energy, man.

<3

LRB

Supp Clique!

Scott T, that was funny!

D, and just to think, we all actually help pay these people!

I got out into the breeze this morning for a refreshing 6 mile trot!  It was a bit nippy with a steady breeze, and I probably should have worn two pairs of gloves but there was full sun and it felt great to be outside!

I will need to take advantage of the early sun this week because Sunday, we spring ahead so it will go back to darkness for a couple of weeks.

For many years, daylight savings time began two or three weeks earlier so once the early daylight came it stayed.  Congress enacted a change though a few years ago and this is what we have now.

Leave it to congress to screw up the sunrise!

Docket_Rocket

He's the best analyst the program has!  And he is great.  His manners, another story....

Supp Clique!

Scott T, that was funny!

D, and just to think, we all actually help pay these people!

I got out into the breeze this morning for a refreshing 6 mile trot!  It was a bit nippy with a steady breeze, and I probably should have worn two pairs of gloves but there was full sun and it felt great to be outside!

I will need to take advantage of the early sun this week because Sunday, we spring ahead so it will go back to darkness for a couple of weeks.

For many years, daylight savings time began two or three weeks earlier so once the early daylight came it stayed.  Congress enacted a change though a few years ago and this is what we have now.

Leave it to congress to screw up the sunrise!

L

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi dailies.  I did 10.2 today.  Also last night I did an hour of Pilates.  I have a private instructor and have been going every week for the last several years.

Happy running to everyone

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

5 mile Hill workout on the TM this morning. Ow! You can really tell that your muscles got a workout.

- Andrew

@runjerseygirl

It's not very often the husband and I get to spend this much time together, and when we do, we're usually ready to kill each other.  This week we have both been off because of his grandmother, and we're actually getting along really well.  We even went to the gym together after we dropped the kids off at school.  It was really nice, actually.  Maybe this is a good sign.  We'll see.

Anyway, hit the elliptical for 20 minutes, then did my weights workout.  I didn't use the barbell for my arms because I wasn't sure how good my grip would be.  I just jumped on the machines for them.  But I did my squats and deadlifts (which I was surprised I was able to do) with minimal pain in my thumb.  Feeling pretty good.

Do you even run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hoping for a good 7 mile tempo run in my new shoes, hopefully I won't get hit by a car Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

That's the spirit :-(

Hoping for a good 7 mile tempo run in my new shoes, hopefully I won't get hit by a car Sad

Damaris

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Good morning Dailies!

Eating low-fat,  banana-walnut pancakes for breakfast and then off to do 8 miles, with the middle 4 at 8K pace.

This morning was weigh-in day for me, and I'm officially down 5 pounds since Jan 1!   At the start of the year, DH and I made what we intend and hope to be a life-time commitment to eat healthier and cut out some of the cheese/butter products we love so much.   So far, it's paying off.   Initially, I thought I just wanted to lose the 5 pounds, but now I'm just going to carry-on and see where my weight levels off at.  I'm still 10 lbs heavier than I was when I was 20, so I suspect there's some more there I can lose.

I guess I'm officially a running-nut, because all I can think about is whether the lost weight will translate into faster race times.

Life is good.