Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 37 times)

Hey.

I slept in a bit this morning. I'm going to the gym after work to do weights and either cardio or six easy miles.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Basya, always nice to sleep in a lil when you can.  Have a great workout!

Did 5 easy miles this morning to get back into the swing of things after a few days off to close out my recovery.  Time to get back to work! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I'll tell you where all the Mondailies have gone, they're blowing off work to go to OPENING DAY! The greatest day of the year. Alas I am not, but I am not running either. SRD.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 recovery miles and weights planned for tonight.  For now, at work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The greatest day of the year. Alas I am not, but I am not running either. SRD.

+1 across the board.

I went last year so I kind of got the bug out of me for this years game.  Plus, I am hungover like a mutha *****!    lol

happylily

I had to google "Opening Day". As always, I'm so clueless...  We haven't had a baseball team in Montreal for so long...

SO's plane from Toronto was delayed because of the snow storm in Montreal. And he didn't call me to warn me. So I stayed up until 1 am, worried. grrr... Then I heard the key in the door, so all was good. 

10 miles at recovery pace, after work.

Happy Opening Day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

DH is traveling, so my runs are pushed back from early mornings to after DS goes to school. I'll get out for 6-8 and hopefully get them in before it starts to rain. We are supposed to hit temps in the 60s today, but by midday those warm temps will be accompanied by 20-25 mph winds and thunderstorms.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

HOORAY MONDAY!  Good morning, internetters!  I took my SRD yesterday, so today will be back to doin' work.  Given the crappy weather today (rain, sleet, cold), I'll be hitting the gym treadmill while watching the Red Sox begin their march to another World Series title.

This week will bring spring shorts-and-tshirt weather. I can't wait.

<3

happylily

I forgot to say: Congratulations to Shari's son on his judo accomplishments yesterday! Shari, I think it's good that Kevin experienced both the pride of winning in something and the disappointment of not being first in something else. It's hard to see our children disappointed with their results, but they are learning something about life whenever it happens. They learn that they must not give up, they must try again and today was someone else's day and it must be celebrated.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

I forgot to say: Congratulations to Shari's son on his judo accomplishments yesterday! Shari, I think it's good that Kevin experienced both the pride of winning in something and the disappointment of not being first in something else. It's hard to see our children disappointed with their results, but they are learning something about life whenever it happens. They learn that they must not give up, they must try again and today was someone else's day and it must be celebrated.

Thanks, Lily! We spent a lot of time talking about how even when we do our best, someone else may be better. But we still try to do our best. And we focus on having fun, too. I know it's a tough lesson for all kids, though with his black-and-white thinking, it is tough. In his mind, you are either the winner/best or you are no good at all. We're working on realizing that there is a lot of gray in between where most people fall, and there is nothing wrong with that.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, looks like I'll be getting in my 6 miles with Dorian later today. DH let him fall asleep way too freaking early at 7 PM so he was up from 3:40 to 6 AM , before finally falling back to sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

I had 7 planned, and I ran 8 instead because I got up early. I'm probably going to need to short my 12 mi. run tomorrow to 11 because of the impending blizzard. Yes, I am in a blizzard warning right now. Hopefully this weather can calm down. My wife and I talked a bunch of how we'd like to move somewhere where you don't spend 5 months indoors. My DD only played outside 3 times this past winter because it was so bitterly cold. I told her I'd move anywhere. I can probably find work wherever we go. Smile

- Andrew

LRB

Thanks, Lily! We spent a lot of time talking about how even when we do our best, someone else may be better. But we still try to do our best. And we focus on having fun, too. I know it's a tough lesson for all kids, though with his black-and-white thinking, it is tough. In his mind, you are either the winner/best or you are no good at all. We're working on realizing that there is a lot of gray in between where most people fall, and there is nothing wrong with that.

+1

Running in events is the epitome of this as well.  If it were truly black and white, we would all suck.  Thankfully it is not, so we don't.  

Zelanie

Morning!  5ish after work today.

Hobbitlegs- Congratulations on an absolutely fantastic race yesterday!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hobbitlegs- Congratulations on an absolutely fantastic race yesterday!

Holy cow, I read right past that yesterday. Congrats HobbitLegs on breaking the 2 hour mark! That's a big deal, especially on a hilly course. I know from personal experience how bad rolling hills can just take it out of you. You were wise to incorporate hill routines in to your training and it paid off in spades.

- Andrew